DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restricted areas unlocking

JellyBean

Reactions
I am having problems unlocking restricted zone using my ipad mini 4.
I go thru the steps as usual and I almost immediately get unlocking successful but it doesn't unlock.
I then try my android phone and go thru the steps and after a short wait I get unlocking approval and I am allowed to fly. I have used my iPad in the past but not now. Unable to unlock restricted area.
HELP PLEASE.

I assume your iPad is wifi only? It may be that you need to tether it to your phones cellular data unless you've gone through the steps to cache the map and there is a way to unlock it from your desktop and store it in the device/drone.

You must unlock through DJI on a computer. They won’t let you unlock on a mobil device anymore. Only DJI knows why. Their whole unlocking system is cumbersome, problematic, and overly difficult. Ask me how many hours I have spent gnashing my teeth. Eventually, I seem to get through it. But this is not an experience you want to go through in front of a client.

DJI has some great tutorial videos on many important topics for newbies. One of them is how to unlock DJI restricted zones. Do not confuse that with getting an FAA Auth or LAANC approval. They are separate events and sometimes both are required.

You must unlock through DJI on a computer. They won’t let you unlock on a mobil device anymore. Only DJI knows why. Their whole unlocking system is cumbersome, problematic, and overly difficult. Ask me how many hours I have spent gnashing my teeth. Eventually, I seem to get through it. But this is not an experience you want to go through in front of a client.
I have figured out how to unlock on my wifi-only iPad 6th Generation. I was having a problem in that the “pins” for choosing an area to unlock were not showing up on the map when using my iPad. Someone posted here that this can be remedied by clearing the cache for the DJI Unlock website in Safari. So far, this works great. This is much better than clearing your entire cache and losing saved passwords and browsing history. The Unlock website is identified as “djicdn.com” under advanced settings for Safari. The entire process is: Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data. Scroll down to djicdn.com, hit Edit at the top of the screen, and then hit the Minus button that pops up and then Done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom