DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restricted zone

Pyrate

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi everyone Newbie here. I was at Pierre SD this weekend- Grand Son's house. I was going to let him fly my M2P and when I turned it on it said, Restricted Zone. Yes, they live right on the path to an airport a few miles away so these planes are 1000+ feet in the air and coming in for a landing. I would think you could fly in training mode? but it would not let me take off.

Hi everyone Newbie here. I was at Pierre SD this weekend- Grand Son's house. I was going to let him fly my M2P and when I turned it on it said, Restricted Zone. Yes, they live right on the path to an airport a few miles away so these planes are 1000+ feet in the air and coming in for a landing. I would think you could fly in training mode? but it would not let me take off.
Check and see if its a "self unlock" zone where you just have to accept responsibility for your drone and understand the rules and tick a few boxes. It also lets you know where you can fly and where you absolutely can not. Or is it a "proper restricted" zone where you have no choice as it won't even take off.
It is a great feature as it keeps you from getting into trouble (unless you really try hard) but you have to can self unlock some places and agree to the rules and regs.

Check and see if its a "self unlock" zone where you just have to accept responsibility for your drone and understand the rules and tick a few boxes. It also lets you know where you can fly and where you absolutely can not. Or is it a "proper restricted" zone where you have no choice as it won't even take off.
It is a great feature as it keeps you from getting into trouble (unless you really try hard) but you have to can self unlock some places and agree to the rules and regs.
Until it doesn’t.
It really has nothing to do with FAA controlled airspace it will let you takeoff in controlled airspace.

You’ve been warned

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929