DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restrictions in Singapore

Found this after 5 seconds on the internet.
  • Do not fly your drone above 200 feet
  • Do not fly within 5km of any airport, or military airbase
  • Do not drop anything from your drone
  • Do not carry dangerous materials such as weapons, biochemical or radioactive material
  • Do not fly over crowds
  • Do not fly where you may interfere with emergency service providers
  • Do not fly over moving vehicles where you may endanger or distract drivers
  • Fly in good weather and visibility
  • Maintain sufficient distance from people, property, and other aircraft
  • You cannot take photos of Changi Airport, Istana, Parliament house, Supreme court, Peya Lebar Airbase, government buildings, military camps and bases or naval dockyards without a drone permit
  • You cannot fly a drone over 7kg without a drone permit
  • A drone permit is required if your drone poses potential risks to the public or will be flown in a restricted area

Rules are clearly laid out and are enforced. I have even flown in legal areas and been told by security personnel to land the drone. That said, there are some nice spots that can be captured legally so it's worth bringing the drone.

Here's a map of where you can/can't
133aa2_4503d6f216174fc894b9133527e19890_mv2.png
The Map is from CAAS and you can find it here; I made a more detailed post earlier that covers all use cases as it gets more complicated when you seek selling any of your footage - hope this help :) Feel free to ask if you remain unsure about something.

Singapore is a small place with lots of military airfields (especially north).

Rules ARE enforced strictly and being a foreigner is no defence.

That said there are some good places to fly with good views of the city. The barrage is very popular (look out for kites though).

I thought Sentosa was out of bounds but the map doesn't seem to say so. Same for lots of parks, botanic etc.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada