DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Retractable Leg Extensions

What a good idea. Legs that can stay on when you fold it and stash it.

Hmm.. I've heard of the Mavic's sensors and obstacles avoidance getting tripped by the leg extensions...
Maybe these are I fine... I dunno

I'm thinking long and hard on getting those from PP. I also wish they had a gimbal protector for the M2's. I liked the one they have for the M1 series. Waiting on a few ND's from PP for the Osmo Pocket.

Just got mine in last week.. no complaints so far..
a59053ffb82d12e859c29468349ace5a.jpg

Great shot, how about one with the legs folded and the M2 ready to be packed? That's my biggest concern, i.e., will it go into its place in the backpack?

Good looking pup, isn't it funny how they like to lie like that? :)

Greetings, I'm a newbie. May I ask what is the attachment on top of two of your drones? Love the look of those drones. Especially the four-legged one in the back.

• Haha
Reactions: Skyflyer129
WOW! Ask and ye shall receive! <smiling> MANY thanks, HVY, that is perzactly what I was looking for and obviously, the foldable legs are no problem at all with packing. Great shot too, that's a good camera, whatever it is.

Thanks again, amigo I'll be ordering a set for sure now.

WOW! Ask and ye shall receive! <smiling> MANY thanks, HVY, that is perzactly what I was looking for and obviously, the foldable legs are no problem at all with packing. Great shot too, that's a good camera, whatever it is.

Thanks again, amigo I'll be ordering a set for sure now.

Photo's were taken with Iphone 8+. Thanks..

I first ordered the gear extension package from PolarPro. I liked them a lot BUT, in their attempt to make them as lean as possible, they went too far and made the folding part of the front legs too thin with a hole in the middle. Seriously, on the third fold, one of them broke into three pieces. Allegedly a replacement is enroute. Luckily, I had also ordered the SunnyLife extensions and they are more robust. Haven't tried them as yet but see no reason why they won't do the job very well and as HVYMTL and Captain B showed us, they fold and pack nicely.

I know I shouldn't complain about weather living in the South, but I swear, if it isn't rain it's wind down here. Looks like I'll get a chance to test out the SL legs near the end of the week.

Last edited:
I've held off so far getting landing gear extensions but those Polar Pro ones look to be the best ones available.

Unfortunately nobody here in Australia selling them yet that I can see.

Oz: That's what I thought when I saw them but when one of them broke before I could even test them on the Mavic, I definitely cannot recommend them. PP needs to beef up the thickness of the plastic on the foldable part of the front legs. As it stands, no pun intended, :) I'm using the SunnyLife extensions and they work alright but the foldable rears don't lock into place and occasionally partially fold but as long as you takeoff with them in the correct position, they stay put for landing. No problem storage-wise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair