DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return-To-Home OR Hover - That is the question

bmarvin2222

Reactions
I've heard a lot about lost drone when signal is lost, and most (all) seem to have RTH set... then after 5 minutes the drone never appears. Anyone have experience with using Hover mode when signal lost and is that a better option for regaining signal and keeping drone from getting itself lost? Ideas, opinions, stories... please share.

IMO, RTH works just fine provided it's configured correctly. The uses for hover are where the drone would climb into an obstacle on signal loss.

Reactions: bmarvin2222
I've heard a lot about lost drone when signal is lost, and most (all) seem to have RTH set... then after 5 minutes the drone never appears. Anyone have experience with using Hover mode when signal lost and is that a better option for regaining signal and keeping drone from getting itself lost? Ideas, opinions, stories... please share.
I could see using hover if you are in an area congested with objects and you know where your drone is or have line of sight. Or when you are around a lot of water. I have never had any issues with RTH here in the high plains of Wyoming.

If you set for hover, but then cannot regain the signal, it will hover until losing battery then land when critical battery level is reached. That seems like a higher risk of a bad outcome to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus