DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return-To-Home (RTH) works! (plus a caution)

Calhoun Ranger

Reactions
Just wanted to post a BIG POSITIVE for the Mavic Pro. Doing a small job at a high school yesterday, beautiful day, everything seemed normal. I had the Mavic hovering about 20 feet AGL and the controller signal dropped and stayed out. In two years of ownership, I have never had RTH kick in. It ascended to my preset (100m), turned slightly to point exactly in the direction of its takeoff point, and landed itself perfectly, about 18 inches from the takeoff point.
and now the caution . . . no matter what you may think, it probably is not wise to fly under obstructions such as trees or wires, because these things DO happen. These machines are incredibly complex, but not yet 100% fail-safe.
Overall, extremely happy with my Mavic Pro after two years of owning and flying it!

Just wanted to post a BIG POSITIVE for the Mavic Pro. Doing a small job at a high school yesterday, beautiful day, everything seemed normal. I had the Mavic hovering about 20 feet AGL and the controller signal dropped and stayed out. In two years of ownership, I have never had RTH kick in. It ascended to my preset (100m), turned slightly to point exactly in the direction of its takeoff point, and landed itself perfectly, about 18 inches from the takeoff point.
and now the caution . . . no matter what you may think, it probably is not wise to fly under obstructions such as trees or wires, because these things DO happen. These machines are incredibly complex, but not yet 100% fail-safe.
Overall, extremely happy with my Mavic Pro after two years of owning and flying it!

18 inches away? You are doing something wrong....Mine has NEVER not landed within 3 inches of the take off spot.

I usually use the CSC takeoff without the precision landing engaged. Never tried that one either, actually. I don't have any doubt about that precision, though.

I usually use the CSC takeoff without the precision landing engaged. Never tried that one either, actually. I don't have any doubt about that precision, though.
Try it, you will like it. And you are right about clear sky above. With the snow now, I have been taking off from my deck with trees above, so I changed my RTH setting to hover. But the rest of the year when I can take off in the yard with clear sky above it always use the precision take off option and it will always land with in a couple of inches. Even though it has always worked, I will watch it as it lands to make sure it still will.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka