DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home

Roen808

Reactions
Hi, whenever I hit (and hold) the RTH button on my controller until it starts beeping, or press and slide the RTH on my app, it will say "Landing" and it makes that beeping sound, then it will start landing.

Any ideas? Simple setting change? Just wanted to check out the RTH feature but it does not work for me. Also, anyone know how to make it use the downward facing cameras to do the precision RTH, or does it do that automatically?

I need a little more information, have you read the manual? For RTH to work you need to let the drone aquire a solid GPS lock and you will see and hear a notification that states "home point set" depending where you are it could take thirty seconds or so. For precision landing you need to select the feature from the menu before you take off and once more you will get a notification (misspelled) "precious landing." hit reply if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
-d.

Roen I am confused!
RTH is supposed to land the drone at the point you took off from if it recorded the home point and is working correctly. You also have an option to Land at the home point or at your remotes location.

The precision landing option is also in the menu.

Rob

Hi, whenever I hit (and hold) the RTH button on my controller until it starts beeping, or press and slide the RTH on my app, it will say "Landing" and it makes that beeping sound, then it will start landing.

Any ideas? Simple setting change? Just wanted to check out the RTH feature but it does not work for me. Also, anyone know how to make it use the downward facing cameras to do the precision RTH, or does it do that automatically?

How far away was your Mavic from the home point when you pressed the RTH button? If it was only 16 feet away or less then it would land from its current location.

On the Precision Landing you need to take off and go straight up to 30 feet then give it a couple seconds there to generate the image it needs to match upon return.

Both Phantoms and Mavics are designed to fly up to 3000m ASL. But they are restricted to 500m AGL.

I saw that Josh Gates, Expedition Unknown TV show where they flew a phantom at Everest base camp and that's over 5000m. The bird was not in ground effect either. The PIC complained it was using battery like crazy but it flew.

Reactions: GlennGrant
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest