DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return with me now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, when from out of the past will come a retro drone.

dfb

Reactions
I can see where this hobby is going, retro. Reminds me of my first drone. Back then LOS meant "length of stick". My remote piloted heli was attached to a stick and could go up, down, and in a circle. I haven't seen it for some time. The Lone Ranger was on network TV then, but I have feeling it may be returning to market in a few years.
ch-34.JPGxmas joy.jpg

I can see where this hobby is going, retro. Reminds me of my first drone. Back then LOS meant "length of stick". My remote piloted heli was attached to a stick and could go up, down, and in a circle. I haven't seen it for some time. The Lone Ranger was on network TV then, but I have feeling it may be returning to market in a few years.
View attachment 72962View attachment 72963

Return with me now to today, the packaging on that tethered drone will state : For indoor recreational use only. FAA part 107 certification required for outdoor use in controlled airspace.

i remember my Grandma bringing one of these back from the states back in the day. Was my first drone. Wish i still had it. I gave it to a mate when i left home to join the AirForce

buckrogers.jpgi

what a trip down memory lane the good old bad old days when anything was possible without the fear of breaking the law.

life was much more simple back in the day, and we appreciated the things we had

View attachment 72962View attachment 72963
And the robot! What a Christmas it was ...

And the robot! What a Christmas it was ...
The robot was my brother's!

Thanks to all, you've sparked some hope! This was a rant, but I thought a little humor would make a better point. Not like we all don't know already.

They were great memories. My father always had model planes even the U control and then RCs his entire life. We even put Super 8 cameras in the cockpit of his larger planes.

I briefly looked at micro drones, but even those under 5 oz are not exempt (except for registration). I can't go there!

Wait and see, things will equalize over time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3