DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning my MA2

rebello

Reactions
Hi guys,
Do due to the lack of range, normally 1000 meters until the weak signal and rc signal lost messages, i will return the whole package for a new replacement.
Just to know if you have any kind of bad experiences returning the drone to dji.
Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Hi guys,
Do due to the lack of range, normally 1000 meters until the weak signal and rc signal lost messages, i will return the whole package for a new replacement.
Just to know if you have any kind of bad experiences returning the drone to dji.
Thanks!
If you live in the city in US, this situation is definitely true no matter how many new replacement you have.

BTW, 1000 meters is not allowed in the US.

1km in a built up urban area with wi-fi interference might be as good as you can get.

Have you set the "maximum range" correctly in the DJI Fly app ?

Just got the drone yesterday and took it to 1.5km with zero issues, signal 100% according to logs. I have the CE version and I live in a high interference urban area, there's a 400ft tall communications tower right on my flight path + high apartment buildings; my Mini would go haywire each time I flew past the antenna, the MA2 didn't even blink.

I find 1000m really low range, unless you don't have line of sight to the drone or not pointing the antenna right at the drone.

Reactions: EmsAir and rebello
If you live in the city in US, this situation is definitely true no matter how many new replacement you have.

BTW, 1000 meters is not allowed in the US.
Making a range test to see if the drone is fine. You can see hundreds of videos on YouTube of range tests and there are many in urban areas with range ok!

Just got the drone yesterday and took it to 1.5km with zero issues, signal 100% according to logs. I have the CE version and I live in a high interference urban area, there's a 400ft tall communications tower right on my flight path + high apartment buildings; my Mini would go haywire each time I flew past the antenna, the MA2 didn't even blink.

I find 1000m really low range, unless you don't have line of sight to the drone or not pointing the antenna right at the drone.
I also have one antenna and thought it was the cause and yesterday change place and was the same. My is so sensitive that if I touch the antenna with one finger signal drops!

I don’t think it matters. Ocusync is the same all versions..
RC power output differs based upon location.
Portugal is in Europe, and is limited to CE power output.

Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    FCC: ≤26 dBm
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm
  • 5.725-5.850 GHz:
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm
Max Transmission Distance
  • 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE),

I am beginning to understand why people are against drones now.... 1.4km over a built up area, where it is illegal to fly within 150m!

I am beginning to understand why people are against drones now.... 1.4km over a built up area, where it is illegal to fly within 150m!

I would like to say the legal range is around 300m, not 150m.

RC power output differs based upon location.
Portugal is in Europe, and is limited to CE power output.

Transmitter Power (EIRP)
  • 2.400-2.4835 GHz:
    CE: ≤20 dBm
    SRRC: ≤20 dBm
    MIC: ≤20 dBm
  • 5.725-5.850 GHz:
    CE: ≤14 dBm
    SRRC: ≤26 dBm
Max Transmission Distance
  • 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE),
Nice information thank you!. I didn’t knew that. But there are some videos, in Germany for instance, that they can get to 7km. 1500meters is to short no?... I’m not so confident in returning all package...

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I can’t. I’m doing a range test to see if the drone is ok. Also live in a country side area so only cows around.

O
I would like to say the legal range is around 300m, not 150m.

OK - not in the UK it isn't. 50m from people and isolated buildings and 150m from built up areas, which would be a cluster of houses of indeterminate size, but a house on the edge of a village would be classed as 'built up area'.

Reactions: Duggy
Nice information thank you!. I didn’t knew that. But there are some videos, in Germany for instance, that they can get to 7km. 1500meters is to short no?... I’m not so confident in returning all package...
Completely depends upon the terrain and the environment. If you have clear LOS and are flying from an elevated spot over lower terrain, you'll get the best range. Fly from the top of a hill. Dubious that returning it, assuming you even can, will change anything. Keep the antennas pointed directly at the aircraft. Get as high as you can for your launch point.

Hi guys,
Thanks!
you're right, if you don't get 40-50 miles what's the point? My sight is failing and after 40 miles, I must be honest, I have a tough time seeing it...

Reactions: Jet skier
I've never flown my drone outside of the US, where we fly under FCC rules. So I've never experienced the issue you're having. But if I were to fly in Europe, I might be tempted to hack my kit from CE to FCC, if only for signal strength. A search on this forum should show you how to accomplish this.

Of course this suggestion is for informational purposes only. I don't condone breaking the law! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest