DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning my Mavic 3 Cine

rossmoney

Reactions
My gimbal is having a significant issue where the horizon tilts back and forth and the pitch also swims around quite a bit.
A DJI rep called me to let me know it would "all be fixed in a future update"
The SSD also takes quite a while to dump the whole thing... and the workflow is quite odd.
This drone (just like most of their releases) is still a work in progress and I'm not a fan of paying $5k for a beta device.
made a video with more info.

My gimbal is having a significant issue where the horizon tilts back and forth and the pitch also swims around quite a bit.
The SSD also takes quite a while to dump the whole thing... and the workflow is quite odd.
This drone (just like most of their releases) is still a work in progress and I'm not a fan of paying $5k for a beta device.
made a video with more info.
A sad thought but predictable. Unless you like the thought of your drone being ~as useful as an Air 2S, the Mavic 3 goes back. DJI should've waited until they've finished the product before selling it.

I just can not understand how they release an unfinished product damaging the brand name of a billion dollars company like that for what?? probably will cost more in marketing to gain the trust of the customers than the money they are making "if they do" by releasing too early the unfinished product. And is say "if they do" because they will have to absorb the cost of returns or replacements. Is just insane.

Last edited:
They should have made a removable SSD a Cine only feature for sure but the speed is not horrible then again I am not a Pro having clients sitting around waiting on me.ScreenShot_2021-12-02_16.21.06@2x.png

They should have made a removable SSD a Cine only feature for sure but the speed is not horrible then again I am not a Pro having clients sitting around waiting on me.View attachment 139546
Still, ProRes footage is large and someone told me that 1tb of storage is like 30 mins of footage. Therefore, if you take longer flights, you'll have to dump the drive after each flight? Would be much more sensible if you had removable storage.

Still, ProRes footage is large and someone told me that 1tb of storage is like 30 mins of footage. Therefore, if you take longer flights, you'll have to dump the drive after each flight? Would be much more sensible if you had removable storage.
That's correct its around 6 GB a minute for 4K pro res footage.

• Wow
Reactions: BSauce955

Yes exactly AND they could have sold "CINE SSD modules" for way too much money as well. Missed opportunity IMO.

Reactions: BSauce955
Yes exactly AND they could have sold "CINE SSD modules" for way too much money as well. Missed opportunity IMO.
Much like how they did with the Inspire II.

I just can not understand how they release an unfinished product damaging the brand name of a billion dollars company like that for what?? probably will cost more in marketing to gain the trust of the customers than the money they are making "if they do" by releasing too early the unfinished product. And is say "if they do" because they will have to absorb the cost of returns or replacements. Is just insane.
What drone company releases finished products and similar can be said of Camera companies. Unfortunately it doesn’t really harm companies who put things right. Some of us will remember a lot more complaints about Mavic1 and M2. If FW & SW downloads was not a thing then we might see proper tested and working equipment straight out of the box.🤔

That was a great video with great points. Especially for a pro.

Most concerning is the gimbal. I hope that’s a software fix coming and not a hardware fix.

Maybe that is the same issue as the horizon complaints.

I have until Jan 31 to return. I’ll thoroughly check the unit out a week before return date with current firmware. Don’t mind missing features (yet). I have no complaints at the moment. Accept random lost live video at 2000ft out. I’m tempted to get the RC Pro after his comments.

I have never purchased a DJI product within six or so months of its release date. In almost every release that I can recall over the years, there have been issues, and some of them significant. What is new here - in the case of the M3 - is DJI actually admitting there are issues, even if this admission is only slight. That has pretty much never happened. A case and point would be the M2 battery swelling issue. It seemed that everyone who reported this issue to DJI was the very first one to do so...

All of that said though, DJI does have a history of making things right in the end, We have to remember after all, that these products they are selling are highly complex electronic items.

All of that said though, DJI does have a history of making things right in the end, We have to remember after all, that these products they are selling are highly complex electronic items.
Indeed, they are and therefore should not ripen at the customers location or cost. 😄
But as said, there are unfortunately plenty of others doing the same practices today and people are still buying. Baffles me every time.

@rossmoney
Well said!

Reactions: rossmoney
I'm sure because of this it will not damage the company lol.This has happened before with dJI releases and there was always
crying and whining ,and then wow when the firmware updates came out everything was fine.
They wanted to release the M3 early before Xmas to get holiday sales,its a company that's what companies do to make money.
Also this is new technology there are going to be bugs,so patience has to be in order.
I have no doubt in my mind anyway that when all of the updates are ready for this M3 and it is at 100% it will be hard to beat.
But I do have a few issues With DJI and the M3,i am sure most will agree about this.
1.The drone prices are just way too high for all three packages
2.And for what it costs put in the RCpro controller as standard issue on all the bundle packages,that alone by itself
would be a big help.i have heard that they are going to offer the RCpro controller in the non cini fly more combo,but
that is only going to drive the cost of the fly more combo up higher still.

Reactions: Point Zero
I watched the video, very informative. What I didn’t know, Unless I misunderstood until watching the video Mavic 3 does not have an SD card. That I need, odd one would think DJI would include this.

Very informative video, thanks for sharing.
Paul

I watched the video, very informative. What I didn’t know, Unless I misunderstood until watching the video Mavic 3 does not have an SD card. That I need, odd one would think DJI would include this.
You certainly can use SD cards and change it like you've done before. BUT you can't use the SD card in combination of ProRes recordings. This is limited to the Cine version and its internal SSD. 😉

You certainly can use SD cards and change it like you've done before. BUT you can't use the SD card in combination of ProRes recordings. This is limited to the Cine version and its internal SSD. 😉
Wonder why it doesn't use the internal SSD as a modified buffer for Prores and transfer to an SD when internal bandwidth allows. By the time you land all of your footage could be ready on the SD, no need for an extended download process before relaunch.

Thank you, appreciate the information. I misunderstood, that’s great at least SD card is still available as standard use.

Im on the side line of getting a Mavic 3, wish the SmartController screen was larger its too small. The only way I will get a Mavic 3, is adding on a TriplTek 8” Pro.

Thanks again!

Autel EVO 2 Pro 6K kicks its (Mod Removed Language)anyway....selling mine and buying more Autel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys