DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Returning to the Buffalo

Great opportunity to video buffaloes. They don't seam to be to disturbed.
Makes me wonder if buffalos, cattle and horses could be herded or direction controle with drones. Cowboy drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: scrib74 and Mavman
Great opportunity to video buffaloes. They don't seam to be to disturbed.
Makes me wonder if buffalos, cattle and horses could be bearded or direction controlled with drones. Cowboy drones.
They seemed not even bothered by the drone, maybe they think its just a bird or something, if you look at the beginning of the video a few of the buffalo look up and see the drone but they really didn't react to it as far as being scared or running off.

Man I love these 4K videos...how high up were you flying?

Beautiful, noticed your white balance changes halfway through.

Beautiful, noticed your white balance changes halfway through.
Well to be truthful. The video was kinda shot quickly, I did a rookie move first and flew an entire battery without recording when I thought I was, I was getting some awesome shots then on the way back I noticed I didn't record, these shots where kinda done in haste I just wanted to get some shots before they moved out of range of my mavic, they were a mile away from me and moving away into this little depression where I couldn't get good signal, so I just did what I could do.

One buffalo sure had a need to scratch.
Have you considered flying low or even landing to shoot a different perspective.

Shooting wildlife on an island, I've wanted to land and shutdown motors
Anyone with experience shutting down motors at distance and restarting :confused:?

Below image...Think the Heard may belong to the big dude on right of image.
IMG_2755.PNG

Have you considered flying low or even landing to shoot a different perspective.

Anyone with experience shutting down motors at distance and restarting :confused:?

View attachment 18176
No way im landing near those beasts, id be it would get stomped lol. I don't want to get to low or close, disturbing them would ruin it. I had some really cool shots of them but I forgot to press record :(

Filmming yet not disturbing wildlife is also my issue.
Would like to land my Mavic shutdown and film without disturbing.
Birds set on an island aprox. 600 yards across river. I'm going to do some landing/shutdowns where if issues my spotter can retrieve Mavic.

Attached shows what can happen when wildlife disturbed. Close to losing Mav.

videos like this are why I wanted a mavic in the first place, to have an opportunity to see and experience things we just couldn't otherwise. bravo!

Last edited:

View attachment 18176

Landing and shutting off motors can be dangerous, especially without extended height landing gear - my single scariest experience with the mavic was when I was flying near a river in a sort of meadow that looked like the grass was cut very short. I inspected the ground through the video feed and thought “heck, that looks laudable.” Landed, but when I tried to take off the motors were obstructed. I then had to run through a huge field and look for the drone for about 30 minutes. So yeah, I would only do that in a place that is not accessible by foot in case of emergency with some YUUUUUGE landing gear height extenders.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark