DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

[Review] GPC SMART CONTROLLER LANYARD BRACKET

DebianDog

Reactions
First off.. they did not pay me anything I just have had it for like a week and wanted to give my .02

Secondly. I know I can go to the hardware store get (2) M4 screws, a couple paper clips, some bailing wire, the strap off my Flymore bag and hang my $600 radio off of it for like a $1 :p

But if you want something a little more substantial for $20 here you go. My Only complaints. The color. Neck strap is too short for my tastes.

Other than that no issues. Just pop in the provided (2) screws and done. (I went against my instincts and did not put blue lock tight on there. Screws have not backed out.) Finish does not seem to scratch very easily. Thick braided USB charging cable fits in there no issue. I use the quick disconnect more than I thought I would. That's about it. It is a simple bracket. Here are some pics at various angles.

20190416-_DSC1129.jpg20190416-_DSC1125.jpg20190416-_DSC1124.jpg20190416-_DSC1122.jpg

The Smart controller doesn't come with a lanyard hole? lol

Looks good Thumbswayup

I know right. I can see them doing the first field test after they were ready to go Production:

Test Pilot: "OK Sweet radio. where does my lanyard go?"
DJI Dev staff: "Ummmm. This is a prototype" Mumbles quietly to rest of team "put 2 screw holes in the bottom that will shut them up"

Reactions: ff22
Those holes could have other purposes too -- like mounting the remote controller on a stand for automated waypoint and/or mapping missions.

As I have written elsewhere, I prefer a two points of connection attachment/lanyard. The one point allows the controller to rotate a bit too freely when bending forward, for my tastes.

But that attachment is really neat and clean and well-designed.

Those holes could have other purposes too -- like mounting the remote controller on a stand for automated waypoint and/or mapping missions.

True! It would have been nice if they would have used a standard size like the size of a tripod mount. ;)

I like my Tripod holes larger than 1/16" thread, especially when their mounted at the extreme right/left.

No i think those holes reek of afterthought per his quip.
Re Lanyard configs, A single hole is enough for the SC I decree

Reactions: DebianDog
Hey guys isn't there a way to group threads?
By know there are about 6 or more threads about lanyard options for the SC.

I did not want my post/review grouped in with the other threads that jump all over the place from Peak camera straps to D-rings at Lowes. I specifically made a new one because I didn't want to talk about other options. If you have questions about THIS option I hope I can help otherwise, please, move on.

Now granted... we got sidetracked a bit with what DJI should have done.

Threads dont get grouped, they get deleted, possibly reborn as random animals, or if were lucky into new babies, then we rinse/repeat until our souls are clean enough to make it past St Peter..the Rabbit, or whatever form youve taken this time round

Reactions: RogerMav
I did not want my post/review grouped in with the other threads that jump all over the place from Peak camera straps to D-rings at Lowes. I specifically made a new one because I didn't want to talk about other options. If you have questions about THIS option I hope I can help otherwise, please, move on.

Now granted... we got sidetracked a bit with what DJI should have done.
Definitely will move to other threads snob.

Just a thought on this subject. Sometimes China is not your friend.

First off.. they did not pay me anything I just have had it for like a week and wanted to give my .02

Secondly. I know I can go to the hardware store get (2) M4 screws, a couple paper clips, some bailing wire, the strap off my Flymore bag and hang my $600 radio off of it for like a $1 :p

But if you want something a little more substantial for $20 here you go. My Only complaints. The color. Neck strap is too short for my tastes.

Other than that no issues. Just pop in the provided (2) screws and done. (I went against my instincts and did not put blue lock tight on there. Screws have not backed out.) Finish does not seem to scratch very easily. Thick braided USB charging cable fits in there no issue. I use the quick disconnect more than I thought I would. That's about it. It is a simple bracket. Here are some pics at various angles.

View attachment 69672View attachment 69673View attachment 69674View attachment 69675
I finally found the Lanyard Screws for the Smart Controller...they are selling on ebay....here is the link.........https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Smart-Controller-Lanyard-Mounting-Eye-Hole-Screws/313337858405?hash=item48f4644965:g:pY0AAOSwX2pf0mkc

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair