Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviving a Mavic Pro 1 battery with a dead cell

cachi1915

Reactions
Site
www.cachi.es
Hi,

I know that probably this is not the best initiative, but I’ve convinced myself that I will recover my died MP1 battery. I’m describing the process here: About reviving a Mavic Pro battery

I’ve disassembled it and I’ve tested each cell voltage separately. One is bellow 2v, so now I’m the situation to recover it or change it. I will try first the first option.

Any advice about a good charger for this kind of LiPo cells?

Thanks!! Regards!!

On line, search <RC Lipo Charger>. The RC hobby industry has all manner of programmable chargers suitable for charging single cells (multiple cells too, with the right connectors).

Reactions: cachi1915
If your goal is to get the smart battery to work as intended, then all you really need to do is prime the cell(s) to a high enough voltage so that the BMS can resume management. Probably getting them to 3.2v with a low current would be sufficient. Use a low current to be on the safe side.

But here are problems:
At 2v, the cells are probably well damaged that they're beyond holding a sufficient charge.
Even if they take a charge, tiny particles may start creating a short that eventually it may burn up.
Because of the above, the BMS may have permanently disabled itself.

If you're going to attempt this, do it outside or in an area where if it does catch fire, the fire won't cause a problem.
Don't charge unattended.

Reactions: cachi1915
As stated above, a LiHV cell that ever got below 2.8V is unstable. It may work for a while, but you might unexpectedly lose power mid-flight or even catch fire while charging. 2V is very low, and your cell was in that state for a long time. I would try to replace the cell.

If your goal is to get the smart battery to work as intended, then all you really need to do is prime the cell(s) to a high enough voltage so that the BMS can resume management. Probably getting them to 3.2v with a low current would be sufficient. Use a low current to be on the safe side.

But here are problems:
At 2v, the cells are probably well damaged that they're beyond holding a sufficient charge.
Even if they take a charge, tiny particles may start creating a short that eventually it may burn up.
Because of the above, the BMS may have permanently disabled itself.

If you're going to attempt this, do it outside or in an area where if it does catch fire, the fire won't cause a problem.
Don't charge unattended.
The goal is to have the battery working back for non flying operations as upgrades, testing and everything, I'm not going to risk the drone

I’ve made a quick test right now with one of the cells using an old Sony battery charger

ec724e6b8b1038eac69efb99c35acb5d.jpg

I’ve managed to recover the battery from 2,0v to 2,4v.

Tomorrow I’ll try to give it a try giving it more charging time and monitoring the voltage.

I’ll do it cell by cell and I’ll test also how it maintain the charge.

I’ll keep this thread updated

Reactions: mereflyer
The most damaged one was in 0,9v tonight, I don't know why I didn't take a pic to prove it, but now it's measuring 2,1v.

I'm monitoring the temperature and everything is ok.

Reactions: netsonic
Hi all,

I made it! I think I've worked it out.

I've tried several methods and finally yesterday night the battery started to work as usually.

IMG_0109.jpg

I'm going to test it this afternoon and I'll post down all the details.

Thanks! Regards

PS. Quick update. The battery seems to work fine. If I press the button all the lights bright up, and if I pressed it for 5 sec all the lights bright again but the drone didn't recognise the battery... When I connect the battery to the MP and try to power it up only one led bright up

Last edited:
Looks like you still have a bad battery. When connected to your aircraft you’re putting the battery under load and the battery can’t maintain voltage.

Hello group...Mavic 2Pro newbie here... !got a new battery(4th one) for my M2P like 6 months ago & has about 10charge cycles on it ,& firmware updated,if i remember correctly...left it unused with a discharged percentange of about 65%,for storage,went to charge it again & now its "completely dead" wont light up or no response even after leaving it on different charges for 24hrs,no signs of swelling etc.anyone here have a hack/tip to "revive" the battery to charge again...?

I am using Mavic Pro batteries with a locked controller. In the Assistant 2 program, the battery type is set to 0. Then the drone is allowed to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE