DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Riding and Flying: Mixing Drone and GoPro Footage

Simsstash - what software are you using to combine the different video sources? I attempted to use goPro studio to edit clips from my Mavic Pro and the initial footage was very choppy, so much so I immediately aborted the attempt!

Reactions: Blades
Hey WWMav, for most of my editing I am using Adobe Premiere Pro. I have tried playing around with GoPro Studio in the past BUT found the program to be very buggy. Have you had any of the same issues with GoPro footage shooting at the same resolution and framerate?

Simsstash - I have to say I have very little (one might say virtually none) video editing experience so am trying to get an idea of what people are using. I saw your video and was impressed so thought I'd ask what you were using. My hope is that I can identify software that is relatively easy to learn .... I don't have aspirations to produce "high grade" videos so I'm looking for something "easy" to learn that will allow the use of my goPro and Mavic videos. I have had my Mavic for just a few weeks at this point and have been focusing more on the flying rather than the video aspects of the device. I haven't made any attempts to match the resolution and frame rates on the Mavic and goPro ....... do you recommend doing so?

Congrats on your new Mavic you are going to have a lot of fun! I am just learning all the little tricks to editing myself and have found at times if the frame rates do not match up it un-syncs the sound for some reason. (I'm not sure why and it does not happen all the time) I like to shoot 2.7K at 30 frames a second for both devices. One thing I know for sure is the video editing is extremely demanding when it comes to system hardware. We ended up buying a whole new computer just so I could edit. Have you had a chance to look at the new FPV Goggles DJI has come out with for flying? They look amazing :)

Congrats on your new Mavic you are going to have a lot of fun! I am just learning all the little tricks to editing myself and have found at times if the frame rates do not match up it un-syncs the sound for some reason. (I'm not sure why and it does not happen all the time) I like to shoot 2.7K at 30 frames a second for both devices. One thing I know for sure is the video editing is extremely demanding when it comes to system hardware. We ended up buying a whole new computer just so I could edit. Have you had a chance to look at the new FPV Goggles DJI has come out with for flying? They look amazing :)
So, I take it I should match the frame rate and resolution on the two devices? Regarding the Mavic, I am still amazed each time I fly it ... the technology incorporated and integrated in the design makes me smile each time it lands, right back where it started! The goggles..... I ordered them over the weekend! How about you?

I don't have drone footage to splice into anything, but I've used the old Windows Movie Maker to work with my Go Pro footage. I imagine it would import the Mavic footage nicely as well. Additionally, it's easy to use and free. And it works on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Reactions: Simsstash
So, I take it I should match the frame rate and resolution on the two devices? Regarding the Mavic, I am still amazed each time I fly it ... the technology incorporated and integrated in the design makes me smile each time it lands, right back where it started! The goggles..... I ordered them over the weekend! How about you?

Keeping the frame rate the same would probably make it easier BUT i'm sure there are tricks where you don't have to. I looked on the DJI site to check out the goggles and it said they were sold out. I signed up for an email to let me know when I can place an order. You must have been on the ball when they first went on sale. Ha Ha :)

Send me a link when you get a video up and posted? I would like to see what you come up with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka