DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RIP My Mavic 3

Suren

Reactions
So, was busy doing a TimeLapse of the storm Clouds just now and while the video was saving a big bird flew and tried to grab the drone, i hit it in sports to get away from the bird but that **** bird kept chasing the drone. Drone crashed into neighbors roof and hit the ground hard. Its basically fit for the bin now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 8.13.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 8.13.20 PM.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0537 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0537 Small.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0538 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0538 Small.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0539 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0539 Small.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0540 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0540 Small.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0541 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0541 Small.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0542 Small.jpeg
    IMG_0542 Small.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 95
sorry for the loss of your drone Care refresh time ?

Ouch. That’s a hard hit
I hope you get airborne again soon

Reactions: Suren
So, was busy doing a TimeLapse of the storm Clouds just now and while the video was saving a big bird flew and tried to grab the drone, i hit it in sports to get away from the bird but that **** bird kept chasing the drone. Drone crashed into neighbors roof and hit the ground hard. Its basically fit for the bin now.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get a replacement and be in the air again soon.

Ouch that hurt!

Which direction did you fly in sport mode? The recommended direction is straight up when being attacked by avian aggressors.
Unfortunately in the panic I flew down and straight to try and get away. Seems that bird can keep up with a Mavic 3 in Sports mOde.

Last edited:
Sorry for your damage mate, hope you get it sorted quickish. **** birds, big seagull chased my M3 a few weeks back but I was lucky it was close by, and the blighter gave up chase after a bit of zig zagging.

Sorry for your damage mate, hope you get it sorted quickish. **** birds, big seagull chased my M3 a few weeks back but I was lucky it was close by, and the blighter gave up chase after a bit of zig zagging.
I also have issues with those flying rats but they tend not to attack or have not tried mine yet but this was a Hawk for sure because of its size and colour. I tried the zig zag as well but the bugger never gave up, only left when the drone hit the roof and that's when we saw how Hugh the bird was. Mavic 3 final video of its last TimeLapse coming soon.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
I also have issues with those flying rats but they tend not to attack or have not tried mine yet but this was a Hawk for sure because of its size and colour. I tried the zig zag as well but the bugger never gave up, only left when the drone hit the roof and that's when we saw how Hugh the bird was. Mavic 3 final video of its last TimeLapse coming soon.
All those flying critters over there, you need to put a tin hat on your drone mate.. 🪖

• Haha
I know this is a terrible feeling, but rest assured that IF you send it in to DJI you will receive a perfect bird back with ZERO issues.

+1 on DJI repair regardless of Refresh or just cash out of your pocket.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I know this is a terrible feeling, but rest assured that IF you send it in to DJI you will receive a perfect bird back with ZERO issues.

+1 on DJI repair regardless of Refresh or just cash out of your pocket.
The difficulty I am having with that is trying to register the drone for a Care Refresh claim, gives me an error that its not available in my country but I bought it when I got the drone here in New Zealand.

The difficulty I am having with that is trying to register the drone for a Care Refresh claim, gives me an error that its not available in my country but I bought it when I got the drone here in New Zealand.
You might have to wait until Monday and pick up the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent