DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom River Surfing in NC - Water flight is Nervewracking

You should consider getting a Rescue Jacket and take most of the stress out of flying over the water, these are perfect conditions for the jacket and for you to fly with more confidence.

The Rescue Jacket is stream lined for long distance flight and gives you about 3000 ft line of sight with the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you Mavic 2 Zoom in the Rain and land on Water.

Very cool!

My wife grew up in the Asheville area. Never got a chance to fly there, would’ve been really cool. Hopefully someday!
You should come fly here if you get a chance. It really is beautiful here. the mountains and rivers! just avoid the airport and the hospital (heli pad) and you can pretty much legally fly just about anywhere.

Reactions: tlswift58
This is something that could be shot from the shore with a long lens but it just wouldn't be the same. Way better with a drone. Great job!

Reactions: tlswift58
I got a chance to film some river surfers near Asheville NC. Ledges Park is a fun spot if you're ever in the area. ******** surfers is the name of the crew that frequents this spot. It was a fun time but flying over water for an hour was pretty nerve wracking.

Is that on the French Broad River outside of Asheville? I live over in Macon County and never heard of this, but rarely spend much time is Asheville.

You should come fly here if you get a chance. It really is beautiful here. the mountains and rivers! just avoid the airport and the hospital (heli pad) and you can pretty much legally fly just about anywhere.

I will definitely try to go back at some point. They were in the Hendersonville/Saluda area, so a good distance from the city, and lots of nice views to capture!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000