DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RMA process slowing down

drinksta

Reactions
I have read a few cases on here of excellent RMA turn around times. I sent my mavic on the 24th December and am still waiting on a repair notification. Mine is a warranty case so maybe that is slowing it down. It seems like every business day it moves on a stage whereas other cases all stages were completed the day the mavic was received.

It's because the holiday season. Did you send it to the service center in California? I could only imagine that the holiday season may have crippled the turn around times

You sent it on Christmas Eve, I would call them to see what's going on. But if you sent the package on Christmas Eve, the post office wouldn't have done anything with your package until the 27th of December (26th was the observed federal holiday) and then you went into the New Years holiday where they wouldn't start anything until today because the 2nd was the observed holiday for New Years. So I'm sure they are backed up because of the Holiday Season, not just because Mavic's but throughout their product line.

The slowest part is the UPS standard shipping. I sent mine Dec 17ish. It's on the way back now and should arrive Thursday. UPS standard moves at a snail's pace. They only took about 3 days in Carson to sort it out.

iPhone 6S

From support FAQ list:

5、What’s the difference between DJI Care Refresh and a DJI product warranty? Will a DJI product warranty be invalid without purchasing DJI Care Refresh?

A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from accidental damage occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

From Refresh Contract:

Ⅶ.Replacement Fee : There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you purchase DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. Each time the replacement service is requested, subject to your purchase region.

I have read a few cases on here of excellent RMA turn around times. I sent my mavic on the 24th December and am still waiting on a repair notification. Mine is a warranty case so maybe that is slowing it down. It seems like every business day it moves on a stage whereas other cases all stages were completed the day the mavic was received.

It took mine a total of 3 weeks as I live in Canada. One week to get there, 5 days to fix and another week to get back. I have to say my mavic is now perfect

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Its on the way back to me! Arrived on the 29th Dec, shipped back on the 3rd Jan. Looks like they replaced the whole body because the serial number they are sending back is different from what I sent them.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000