DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Road Trip from Ohio to California (and back)

mysticgnarwhal

Reactions
Hey all!

After hours an hours of cutting my footage down, I finally finished my video from my wife and I's road trip to the west coast and back this past summer. It's not all drone shots, but I would appreciate if you would take a gander.

This was a fun video to go back and edit, especially now since we're in the dead of winter here in Ohio.

The drone shots are all with the Mavic Pro and I used mostly the Polar Pro ND/4 Polarizer Filters. Luckily I was shooting in D-LOG because there were a handful of shots I had the drone so underexposed. Thankfully I was able to save most of them!

Let me know your thoughts!

Great video [emoji106]. I travel to Ca twice a year to visit family and you left my mind with good traveling memories. I-40 or I-80/70 is my usual path.

Great video [emoji106]. I travel to Ca twice a year to visit family and you left my mind with good traveling memories. I-40 or I-80/70 is my usual path.
Thank you very much! I like hearing stuff like that so I'm glad I'm able to leave an impression on such an amazing drive. I've done that drive 3 times now and I really enjoy it!

What I liked about it was that in almost every scene, there was your pretty woman having what looked like a great time. Don’t want to sound cheesy, but I can feel the love you have for this woman by how you shot the video. You’ll both look back on this video and remember every minute of it even 20yrs down the road.
Excellent work again [emoji106]

What I liked about it was that in almost every scene, there was your pretty woman having what looked like a great time. Don’t want to sound cheesy, but I can feel the love you have for this woman by how you shot the video. You’ll both look back on this video and remember every minute of it even 20yrs down the road.
Excellent work again [emoji106]
Wow I sincerely appreciate that! I know that's what I've enjoyed so much about making videos is we always love looking back at these even a few months later, not to mention years and years down the road. That was very kind of you to say and again thank you!

The cool thing about this video, besides the quality of the shots and the editing, is the memories this will always trigger for you and your wife. As a Zonie, I'm glad to see you caught some of the best scenery in our state, Utah, and California.

Really nice, That's alot of work! One trail you were on reminded me of a trail in Sedona that when to a rock bridge.
Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate that! Yeah we took one trail that was called Devil's Bridge in Sedona I think...ended up getting lost, but we made it. lol

The cool thing about this video, besides the quality of the shots and the editing, is the memories this will always trigger for you and your wife. As a Zonie, I'm glad to see you caught some of the best scenery in our state, Utah, and California.
Thank you very much - I appreciate that!

and that's a new term for me I've never heard lol. I want to come back and spend more time in Arizona for sure to see more. I really love it there...we wanna check out the Havasu waterfalls and unfortunately it was torrential down pouring the day we were scheduled to go to to Antelope and Horse Shoe Bend...so we'll need to do that again.

Awesome editing! Road trips are the best, 2 Summers ago we drove from our home in SD to NC and it was the best 10 days of my life!

Very cool !! Great shots of La Jolla cove ,Torrey Pines, Del Mar areas. Next time cruise a bit farther north to my hood in Carlsbad. Lots of cool places to fly along the coast. Great job !!

Hey all!

After hours an hours of cutting my footage down, I finally finished my video from my wife and I's road trip to the west coast and back this past summer. It's not all drone shots, but I would appreciate if you would take a gander.

This was a fun video to go back and edit, especially now since we're in the dead of winter here in Ohio.

The drone shots are all with the Mavic Pro and I used mostly the Polar Pro ND/4 Polarizer Filters. Luckily I was shooting in D-LOG because there were a handful of shots I had the drone so underexposed. Thankfully I was able to save most of them!

Let me know your thoughts!

Thank you for that...I’ve made that trip six times and it never gets old; nice work!

Very cool !! Great shots of La Jolla cove ,Torrey Pines, Del Mar areas. Next time cruise a bit farther north to my hood in Carlsbad. Lots of cool places to fly along the coast. Great job !!
Thank you! And yes I wanna go to Carlsbad next time! Usually we’re always pressed for time and end up getting on the 5 and heading straight up. My exposure was so low in the shots from La Jolla so I’m bummed how they turned out but luckily I was shooting in LOG to help recover. They’re pretty grainy though :/ oh well hopefully I’ll get out there again soon :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143