DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Road Trip Spain - Castles, villages and landscapes.

My Spain Road Trip compilation video. I tried to squeeze as much of what I saw from the air as possible, into this short video. I hope you enjoy it. Constructive criticism welcome. Shot with mp1 Spain Road Trip - Landscapes, Towns & Castles
Wow... I‘m absolutely stunned by your shots. That are some of the best flown / composed shots I‘ve seen... also edit, post and music!

How did you get the shots around the castles and hill-villages? The drone is flying sideways, ascending oder descending while keeping the motive in focus. I‘m just doing photography with my drones but want to learn videography, too.

Thanks for sharing... I‘m really thrilled by your work! :)

Thank you so much for a very nice comment. I think the key to achieving shots like this is setting up the controller properly. That and a little bit of practice. The only things that will break the shots are quick yaw and gimabal movements so you want to set them to as slow and smooth as possible. I've had yaw gain set to 50 and yaw exp set to about 0.15 (this can be found in advanced controller settings) while gimabal I don't remember exactly but something like speed 10 and smoothness 25? When pulling of the movement at first give yourself some space. Think what movements of the stick and dials are necessary. You don't have to apply them all at once (hence need of space). I would start with roll and ascend/descend at the same time and when drone is at some speed already add the yaw and gimabal movement. To hold sticks steady I tend do jam my thumb between base of the stick and controller body (no shaky fingers). In the new mavic 2 series it will be easily done with point of interst as regardless of the drone movement it will keep subject in the centre but it won't move as fast as what you can achieve in manual flight. It takes some practice but it's easier then it looks. ;)

Reactions: calmar81
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato