DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Roatán / Honduras - drone friendly

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Unlike some destinations in the sunny south, Honduras does not seem to care much about drones being brought in by tourists. As long as it is non-commercial work, no issue.

I did have a minor security clearance issue at Montreal airport (outbound). There was a detection on the X-ray machine. The "rack system" pushed my tray off the line for inspection.

I thought they wanted to check the batteries. "Here we go," I thought...

It turns out the "Wetpack" Kleenex at the bottom of the bag (put there as padding) gave an "orange" warning on the screen image. Perhaps the cellulose or the liquid had a component in it that lit off the detection... pulled it all out and the security guy was happy. Didn't mention the batts at all.

(Note: I had taped the battery leads on the 2 spare batts and they were in a LiPo bag. I also taped a metal disk over the power button of the battery on the MP so it could not possibly be activated).

LiPo bag I got on Amazon for $7. Tailored for the MP batteries.

Flying in Honduras I stuck to "Canadian" altitude rules. (90m) as I couldn't find their particular rules (other than a 3rd party site mentioning no commercial work w/o a permit).

Just need to get around to editing some video ... here's a quick and dirty frame grab...

upload_2018-3-31_12-9-35.png
Keyword added: Roatan w/o the accent (Roatán)

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-31_12-8-21.png
    upload_2018-3-31_12-8-21.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett