DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Roll motor question - travel limits. Video added.

LouB747

Reactions
Hello, sadly I had my first crash....from like 5 feet up. Anyways, Mavic Pro. Flies fine still. But gimbal issue. Everything looks
fine, but DJI app says "remove clamp". Roll is off. Gimbal isn't working right. Camera shows pic. Anyways, after manually trying to
move all axis, I noticed the roll (the camera itself) rolls fully to a mechanical stop in one direction. But only like 30 degrees the
other direction. Feels like it's hitting a mechanical stop, but it's way short of the other sides travel. Is this normal? Again, no
physical damage that I can see. Roll calibration doesn't work. Roll control doesn't work. Any thoughts? Cable issue? Or is that camera
supposed to move freely to the stop in both directions? Thanks in advance! Lou

Last edited:
welcome to the forum,sorry it was in such circumstances
when you say roll do you mean the gimbal moving the camera up and down or side to side
have you tried a gimbal calibration and what does the gimbal do when you start the drone does it complete is dance

welcome to the forum,sorry it was in such circumstances
when you say roll do you mean the gimbal moving the camera up and down or side to side
have you tried a gimbal calibration and what does the gimbal do when you start the drone does it complete is dance

Thanks for the reply. It's the horizontal roll control. Basically if you grab the lens of the camera and rotate it. It rotates to the stop when twisted counter clockwise when viewed from
the front. It only twists about 30 degrees when twisted clockwise.

Gimbal calibration stops and hangs at 5%. Maybe I'll attack a small vid. Maybe they all travel more one direction that the other?

I appreciate that. I just started in up again. It seems that the pitch (up and down) at startup is normal. But no roll and yaw inputs to the camera. So maybe the cable that controls roll and
yaw is loose or disconnected. I'll do a little YT research and open it up and have a look. Maybe I'll order a replacement cable, as they seem pretty cheap. Hopefully this will solve it. Has anyone replaced the cable before?

Reactions: old man mavic
I appreciate that. I just started in up again. It seems that the pitch (up and down) at startup is normal. But no roll and yaw inputs to the camera. So maybe the cable that controls roll and
yaw is loose or disconnected. I'll do a little YT research and open it up and have a look. Maybe I'll order a replacement cable, as they seem pretty cheap. Hopefully this will solve it. Has anyone replaced the cable before?
hope you get it sorted good luck

Replaced the gimbal ribbon cable and everything works again. Les than $20. It did take a couple of hours taking it apart and putting it back together. So many tiny connectors!

Thanks for the support guys.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3