DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rookie Mistake

drone_dh

Reactions
Had a family reunion of sorts this past weekend, our hotel was next to a river with killer falls. I threw up my Mini 2 and got some really good vid, going to work on it this coming weekend. However, on the first flight I hit the record button and was flying it all over, up and down and around the waterfalls. When I brought it back I forgot to hit the record button again to stop recording... I was kindof in a hurry so what I did was just power the drone down. This ended up with a large size file, but it won't play - I'm sure because I didn't close the recording session properly.
Has anyone else done this? Is there software available to fix a video file that simply wasn't closed properly? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Had a family reunion of sorts this past weekend, our hotel was next to a river with killer falls. I threw up my Mini 2 and got some really good vid, going to work on it this coming weekend. However, on the first flight I hit the record button and was flying it all over, up and down and around the waterfalls. When I brought it back I forgot to hit the record button again to stop recording... I was kindof in a hurry so what I did was just power the drone down. This ended up with a large size file, but it won't play - I'm sure because I didn't close the recording session properly.
Has anyone else done this? Is there software available to fix a video file that simply wasn't closed properly? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Some have said if you power it back on, hit record and then stop, it will end the file and it will then play. I have not experienced this myself, only read about it somewhere here.

Reactions: Fizzbang
As far as I recall others have said that if you put the card back in the drone and power it on the video file will then be finalised.

@drone_dh as long as you do not format the card ,then once it is back in the drone, and you start the drone, then the file will finish ,and then you should be able to view it on your computer

Thanks guys, I'll try that, although I launched it the next day and took more vid, so it should have already fixed itself?
Yes it should have already fixed itself if you have done that. If you power off without stopping the recording, it won't close the file properly but turning it back on and recording again will close it and it will be readable afterwards.

Reactions: Grazuncle
I would say that most everyone had done this.

I would say that most everyone had done this.
I haven't as all my pics and vids are recorded on my phone. AND I just bought it a week ago :) Other than having it on my computer, which I don't care, I haven't even thought of taking the card out. Is there more things I can do with the SD card? Excuse my ignorance but am technically illiterate :oops:

I haven't as all my pics and vids are recorded on my phone. AND I just bought it a week ago :) Other than having it on my computer, which I don't care, I haven't even thought of taking the card out. Is there more things I can do with the SD card? Excuse my ignorance but am technically illiterate :oops:
Reread my comment. I said "most". Given the fact you have only had your drone for a week, give it time there is a huge possibility you will become part of those "who have.": :)

You can do what you want.. No problem if you're happy, you're happy.

However you only have the basic resolution in your phone.. if you select 4K video in your drone Fly app that 4K recording only goes to the card in the Mini2.. you lose out on that if only using the phone received footage. Also after time it will over write the format dependant on the allocation you set in the app. Film for too long in one day and your last recording may be dropped off the edge.

Reactions: DJayI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada