DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Rooster Rock State Park - Columbia River Gorge, Oregon

Very nice! Liked the cinematic shots and smooth transitions.

Minor suggestion as I might have cut out one or two jerky spots. Also, I like to keep the videos closer to 3 minutes in length so more people will watch the whole thing. Overall, well done!

I just watched some of your other videos and happy to subscribe to your channel. Also, happy to share some thoughts and ideas. We may have a similar style however with my subject matter being southern Nevada.

one example here;

Last edited:
Very nice! Liked the cinematic shots and smooth transitions.

Minor suggestion as I might have cut out one or two jerky spots. Also, I like to keep the videos closer to 3 minutes in length so more people will watch the whole thing. Overall, well done!

I just watched some of your other videos and happy to subscribe to your channel. Also, happy to share some thoughts and ideas. We may have a similar style however with my subject matter being southern Nevada.

one example here;

Thanks!

Rooster Rock State Park - Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
I’m a drone newbie... Check out my videos on YouTube and tell me what you think! I’m just starting to figure out exposure and editing and any feedback is great!
Not bad for a beginner! I think you need to reduce or eliminate the quick starts and stops, zooms in and out, rapid changes in directions, ups and downs, etc. It's all about smooth flying and chronologically telling your story.

Reactions: ckoerner
Not bad for a beginner! I think you need to reduce or eliminate the quick starts and stops, zooms in and out, rapid changes in directions, ups and downs, etc. It's all about smooth flying and chronologically telling your story.
I don’t necessarily agree with that but thank you for the input!

Very cool video!
Here’s one of mine in an unusual little canyon... permitting was a year long project.
You had to get a permit to fly in the Sups? I spent a LOT of time hiking all around the Sups as a teenager, more than a few decades ago, You should hike up Fish Creek Canyon for some great scenery. We also used to climb up the west cliffs facing Phoenix and camp in the shallow cliff caves to watch the city lights at night. (the "city" was a lot further west in those days. lol. Wish I had my MA2 back then. There is an old fighter jet wreck up there, probably absorbed by nature by now.

Reactions: Thomas B
Rooster Rock State Park - Columbia River Gorge, Oregon
I’m a drone newbie... Check out my videos on YouTube and tell me what you think! I’m just starting to figure out exposure and editing and any feedback is great!
Nice video. At the beginning of the video you were flying very low. Can you share your altitude? The shot was great, but I'm always hesitant to flay really low over the water. Water landing is no good!

Reactions: Babrucker
You had to get a permit to fly in the Sups? I spent a LOT of time hiking all around the Sups as a teenager, more than a few decades ago, You should hike up Fish Creek Canyon for some great scenery. We also used to climb up the west cliffs facing Phoenix and camp in the shallow cliff caves to watch the city lights at night. (the "city" was a lot further west in those days. lol. Wish I had my MA2 back then. There is an old fighter jet wreck up there, probably absorbed by nature by now.
Yes. It is a Federal Wilderness Area.

Nice video. At the beginning of the video you were flying very low. Can you share your altitude? The shot was great, but I'm always hesitant to flay really low over the water. Water landing is no good!
Thanks! My gimbal was slightly pointed down. I was about 4 feet above the water. I always get nervous too when I am flying over water because as I fly away my VLOS makes it appear that I am slowly descending into the water, but I have to trust that water will always be level and it's just an illusion...

Reactions: DroneMan_ID
Welcome to the forum.

All in all, I enjoyed the video. Yes, I thought there were a few things I would do differently. A couple of clips with jerky motion I would have edited out and some sudden transitions I thought unnecessary. My only real complaint is that couple of the scenes towards the end, with a downward camera, were too fast. Could not see any detail and actually made me feel a bit of vertigo.

As I have said before, unless you are making commercial videos, there is no right or wrong way to do it. In the end, the only person you have to satisfy is yourself.

Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the forum.

All in all, I enjoyed the video. Yes, I thought there were a few things I would do differently. A couple of clips with jerky motion I would have edited out and some sudden transitions I thought unnecessary. My only real complaint is that couple of the scenes towards the end, with a downward camera, were too fast. Could not see any detail and actually made me feel a bit of vertigo.

As I have said before, unless you are making commercial videos, there is no right or wrong way to do it. In the end, the only person you have to satisfy is yourself.

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots