DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Roundabout over a highway

Odd way to build a highway. The more difficult part is the roundabout with seven entrance and exit ramps. I would have built that on the ground and elevated the simple highway over that.

Well it was a regular bridge with 4 ramps, but it could not handle the amount of traffic, so the build 2 new bridges next to the old one, made a roundabout and demolished the old bridge. The highway is a bit deeper there, because of a small hill.

Reactions: ckoerner
Interesting concept. I'm afraid I'd go around a few times before I got out at the right place. :oops:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing!

Well it was a regular bridge with 4 ramps, but it could not handle the amount of traffic, so the build 2 new bridges next to the old one, made a roundabout and demolished the old bridge. The highway is a bit deeper there, because of a small hill.
Where is that?

These kind of junctions are fairly common in UK/Europe, with a main road at a different height to a roundabout (sometimes called a rotary or traffic circle). The beauty of these kinds of junction is you never have to wait for a red light.

For a really interesting driving experience try this:

These kind of junctions are fairly common in UK/Europe, with a main road at a different height to a roundabout (sometimes called a rotary or traffic circle). The beauty of these kinds of junction is you never have to wait for a red light.

For a really interesting driving experience try this:
That one always gets the publicity, but I always felt that this one was actually cleverer in design:

fullsizeoutput_1417.jpeg

That one always gets the publicity, but I always felt that this one was actually cleverer in design:

View attachment 129982
Equally fascinating! Am curious to know what appeals to you more with this design? It functions in essentially the same way as its more famous counterpart. The designers did have the luxury of much more available space, so making a flyover with on/offramps was a possibility.

Equally fascinating! Am curious to know what appeals to you more with this design? It functions in essentially the same way as its more famous counterpart. The designers did have the luxury of much more available space, so making a flyover with on/offramps was a possibility.
It is similar to the MR in comprising two full counter-rotating roundabouts with a mini roundabout at each exit, but with the addition of the M40 over the top. Maybe it is the larger structure, but the traffic flow ends up appearing less random than on the MR, and it flows much faster, which may also just be a function of size I guess.

Reactions: scro
Here in the US, it's more common to build a "cloverleaf" with one highway over the other for large, fast highways.
cloverleaf-300x202.jpg

or "traffic circles" (also called "roundabouts") for smaller, slower highways with all roadways at ground level.
57f0714ca2294.image.jpg

By the way, I did not take either of these photos.

Here in the US, it's more common to build a "cloverleaf" with one highway over the other for large, fast highways.
cloverleaf-300x202.jpg

or "traffic circles" (also called "roundabouts") for smaller, slower highways with all roadways at ground level.
57f0714ca2294.image.jpg

By the way, I did not take either of these photos.
Okay - let's go full interchange nerd:

Interchange (road) - Wikipedia

Reactions: qless
Now I’m getting Interchange envy!

How about Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham, England. Drove through that one a lot and sometimes even came off at the right junction!

View attachment 130033
The traffic there often moves so slowly that you should have plenty of time to figure out your route. I always thought it was aptly named - lacking any kind of pleasing symmetry.

This junction fascinates me with how complex it is for what is just 2 roads, with a single lane in each direction, crossing each other. Neither road carries a lot of traffic and to travel straight through on the primary route going eastbound requires 1 exit onto a slip road and then 4 merges with other traffic flows o_O.

junction.png

Either someone got carried away with their pencil or space for future building sites.

On second looks it’s a humming bird!

Reactions: scro and qless
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC