DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Routine maintenance.

Woodsman

Reactions
Greetings to all pilots. I’m getting some hours on my Mini and started to wonder about little things, as I was 200 feet up and 1000 feet over water... I wonder if the screws that hold the props are good and tight? Hmmm. I’ve already crashed into a power line and dropped to the concrete. Two new arms and motors and a new battery got me flying again. You are probably asking “what about the gimbal?” It was rough. The rubber mounts were pulled free, the gimbal arm was broken in half. It amazing what a little super glue and reseating the vibes mounts can bring. I recalibrated the gimbal and tested hard left and right moves, it was perfect. I’m amazed. So I just hope all the screws stay in place and I don’t get attacked by a bird!

@Woodsman welcome to the forum, air frame maintenance is an important part of drone ownership,a visual check of the drone and props before each flight will help you to notice any changes or damage every 4 flights i do a screw tightness check just a gentle nip is all thats needed the threads are easy to strip if you are too heavy handed use the driver that comes with the drone
and you should be ok

@Woodsman welcome to the forum, air frame maintenance is an important part of drone ownership,a visual check of the drone and props before each flight will help you to notice any changes or damage every 4 flights i do a screw tightness check just a gentle nip is all thats needed the threads are easy to strip if you are too heavy handed use the driver that comes with the drone
and you should be ok
Thanks for the advice.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr