DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH constant Obstacle warning.

Pepino Grande

Reactions
When ever I use my Mavic Pro I constantly get obstacle warnings on RTH. It does not matter the direction of the weather. I know the sun can cause this but it even happens directly away for the sun. I'm using 300feet as my RTH alt which puts meat least 175 feet above any trees or obstacles. The drone does not slot or climb it acts as if other is in the way but I get the warning and the constant beeping. Is there a fix for this other than turning off the obstacle avoidance?

Reactions: mereflyer
An odd thought just occurred to me, try calibrating the sensors.....if it is possible to do that with a Mavic pro.

Have u cleaned the sensor windows/lens’ with a micro fibre cloth?
i find the sensor calibration quite difficult on a iMac, have to do it several times to get it to be successful.

When ever I use my Mavic Pro I constantly get obstacle warnings on RTH. It does not matter the direction of the weather. I know the sun can cause this but it even happens directly away for the sun. I'm using 300feet as my RTH alt which puts meat least 175 feet above any trees or obstacles. The drone does not slot or climb it acts as if other is in the way but I get the warning and the constant beeping. Is there a fix for this other than turning off the obstacle avoidance?
Hi Pepino, I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro, more than a year ago. Tried every calibration, made no difference. Someone on this forum mentioned the need to calibrate the sensors using the DJI Online Assistant. After doing this the problem is fixed. I have not had any more trouble with mine, so I suggest this also might fix yours. Just make sure you get the right software. (Choose for Mac or Windows)
Go here: DJI Assistant 2 - Download Center - DJI

After downloading, follow instructions to upgrade the obstacle avoidance flight sensors and you should be good to go!

Reactions: Pepino Grande
Hi Pepino, I had the same problem with my Mavic Pro, more than a year ago. Tried every calibration, made no difference. Someone on this forum mentioned the need to calibrate the sensors using the DJI Online Assistant. After doing this the problem is fixed. I have not had any more trouble with mine, so I suggest this also might fix yours. Just make sure you get the right software. (Choose for Mac or Windows)
Go here: DJI Assistant 2 - Download Center - DJI

After downloading, follow instructions to upgrade the obstacle avoidance flight sensors and you should be good to go!
Thanks. I will try that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada