DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Landing and OA - M2Z

GlynRDav

Reactions
The manual says that OA is disabled during RTH landing. In experience, once the M2Z has arrived at the set RTH height above the home point, the "Landing" message appears and the warning "OA has been disabled" also appears.
If the terrain is not suitable it stops at about 1m and requests action.
If I understand this correctly, the bottom sensor is still active but the forward/backward ones are not.
Is this correct and is this is how the RTH/Landing process should work?
TIA
Glyn

The manual says that OA is disabled during RTH landing. In experience, once the M2Z has arrived at the set RTH height above the home point, the "Landing" message appears and the warning "OA has been disabled" also appears.
If the terrain is not suitable it stops at about 1m and requests action.
If I understand this correctly, the bottom sensor is still active but the forward/backward ones are not.
Is this correct and is this is how the RTH/Landing process should work?
TIA
Glyn

You got it

Reactions: Thomas B
You got it

I didn’t get it and need more info if I may ask?

If I am done with my work and the drone is somewhere out there and all is fine and I am just lazy flying manually back, I can initiate RTH from Go4 (only) and the drone will within all parameters, climb or stay at its current altitude and fly home. During the flight home, all Sensors are already off or only after reaching position above home-landing point during its descent?

If for instance a RTH is triggered for any emergency reasons, wouldn’t OA be most important for uncontrolled flight to landing point?

Thanks for making more clear.....in advance.

Regards,
Jake

I didn’t get it and need more info if I may ask?

If I am done with my work and the drone is somewhere out there and all is fine and I am just lazy flying manually back, I can initiate RTH from Go4 (only) and the drone will within all parameters, climb or stay at its current altitude and fly home. During the flight home, all Sensors are already off or only after reaching position above home-landing point during its descent?

If for instance a RTH is triggered for any emergency reasons, wouldn’t OA be most important for uncontrolled flight to landing point?

Thanks for making more clear.....in advance.

Regards,
Jake
The forward OA sensors are on during the flight back to the home point but turn off when landing.

I believe the manual says that obstacle avoidance is activated during RTH. Forward and backward only. P. 18

AFAIK, once the aircraft is above the landinging point, only then the OA is swtiched off.
this is my experience with RTH.
watch the OA icon while RTH is running and see if you see the same thing.
I hope this helps

I will test it all out ... I was so confused when the aircraft descended with all sensors off (red) but when I cancelled the RTH they immediately came back online. Why would they even bother to turn sensors off while landing?!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore