DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH settings flying under trees & waypoints

xxgoproxx

Reactions
Wanting to fly under trees just wondering what RTH settings so the drone doesn't fly up and crash into the surrounding trees and tree tops.

Also wondering if its possible to set waypoints with heaps of trees around and navigate through them using waypoints?
Thanks

Are you going to be flying line of sight? It sounds like youre not, since youre looking to set waypoints.

My advice is to

1. fly LOS if flying under trees that overhang your flight path.
2. Trees are Mavic magnets. Sometimes obstacle avoidance detects them, but if you are flying a waypoint route, and your bird rolls/yaws for a part of the route, it can roll right into a tree. Which brings me back to point #1. If flying under trees, fly LOS.
3. If you lose signal while flying under trees and outside of LOS range, your drone will either climb up and home, hover, or land.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
This is something you would need to do relatively close to your position, because you need to set the lost signal to "hover" and you would need to carefully fly through.

If you are flying under trees you don’t want RTH to activate at all so watch your battery levels carefully. I set RTH to hover on loss of signal but this isn’t carried through to low battery RTH.

Here's where you can find that setting in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

FYI, this setting won't rescue you if flying with waypoints since the aircraft will continue to fly the waypoint mission even if the remote controller disconnects from the aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll