Join Us Now

RTH Straights line altitude not working

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
After testing few times the new RTH Straight line, the altitude preset is not working.
I tested setting the RTH altitude to 250FT and RTH in straights line is selected. I flew about 100 meters away at 50FT altitude and click RTH and the drone came to the home point in a straights line keeping the 50FT altitude. Tried the same thing in different altitudes and the drone never gained the preset 250FT altitude.

I am assuming at nights will work but I need to test. Base in the DJI screen instruction should work. Can somebody else confirm this ?

1.jpg

Try further out just in case there is a distance behaviour boundary.
Is there any other RTH height parameter anywhere else in the app?

Try further out just in case there is a distance behaviour boundary.
Is there any other RTH height parameter anywhere else in the app?
No more settings. I try many different distance up to 2000FT and nothing.

So I tested this as well now after seeing your post. My RTH height is set to 50 meters, when RTH is activated for straight line my drone starts moving forward and increases in height to 57 meters, I then try advanced RTH and the same thing happens. I move APAS from bypass to brake and then off and get the same results. It always rises to 57 meters no matter the scenario. previously the drone would rise to 120 or more meters because of all the house and trees around me but that was when we only had the advanced RTH feature.

Could you try an RTH height setting of say 65m and then, if safe, 45m?

Same here is raining all day

just tested in the dark, with both "Advanced" and Straight Line" i flew 400 feet away at altitude 200 feet. RTH set at 280 feet. Both intances upon choosing RTH,the drone first rose from 200 to 280, flew back at that altitude then landed from 280 above the homepoint.

At night when the vision sensors are not available that behavior is expected. Is normal since the vision sensors are disabled because the darkness. But during the day, when RTH in Straight line is selected it should act like the old RTH over 50 meters behavior way. Instead is acting like the old RTH when is less than 50 meters behavior that come back in straight line without gain any altitude.

That is wrong.

yup, just confirming that in the new firmware that is still the behavior, which we would expect to find in the day for "Straight Line" enabled.

Reactions: zeusfl
I just came to post about this and your the first post I see. Today I was on the other side of a bridge that to fly underneath I need to be at 150 feet or less. I have my RTH Straight Line set for 114 feet. I was at about 120 (HIGHER THEN SET HEIGHT) and hit return to home. The drone started to return home GAINING ALTITUDE and in seconds was at 150 feet heading straight for the bridge....YIKES. Luckily I could stop it but this doesn't instill any confidence in me. It was dusk to and sensors were OFF!!!. Can provide log if needed.

Could you try an RTH height setting of say 65m and then, if safe, 45m?
Okay, so I tested as per what you asked and in both tests it came back at the heights set in the app. First from 20 meters it rose to 40 meters as per height set in app and came back and then rose from 20 meters to 65 meters which is height set in app and came back properly. Why would it be working differently to when I flew earlier? Is this another bug?

I am wondering if the new update from today 1.5.9 fix the problem. I need to test with the new app version. I tested with the 1.5.8 yesterday. @Suren what app version are you using?

I am using the DJI RC PRO. I will test as well with my Ipad and the RC-N1.

Reactions: Suren
Why would it be working differently to when I flew earlier?
No idea, sorry.
I would suggest that, for your own confidence in it, you test other RTH heights too. I would also check the log or logs of the 57m flight/s to see what the log/s 'think' the RTH height was set at. Up load the log to the Phantomhelp site then download, unzip and open the csv and search the column titles for height, probably column EC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Suren
After testing few times the new RTH Straight line, the altitude preset is not working.
I tested setting the RTH altitude to 250FT and RTH in straights line is selected. I flew about 100 meters away at 50FT altitude and click RTH and the drone came to the home point in a straights line keeping the 50FT altitude. Tried the same thing in different altitudes and the drone never gained the preset 250FT altitude.

I am assuming at nights will work but I need to test. Base in the DJI screen instruction should work. Can somebody else confirm this ?

View attachment 142668
Sorry to hear that. It works fine on my mavic 3. I tested it and was even closer than 100 meters.

i can confirm that straight RTH worked in the daylight, from 200 feet it rose to the set 285 feet RTH, then returned.
I do not think that it will go down to a lower set altitude though by design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60