DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH when RC signal lost...

UK Bloke

Reactions
Hi
During a recent flight I lost signal with the MP2, I ran up the hill and re-connected fine.
Looking at the logs it seemed to wait longer than expected before doing a RTH to re-connect (it didn't actually do a RTH), I thought it was 3 seconds but it hovered for 7.2 seconds and looking at the video footage and flight map it didn't do a RTH. I have checked the DJI app setting for what the aircraft should do in the event of signal loss and it is set to RTH and NOT hover.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply.
It didn't move, it made no attempt to retrace it's route for a signal, it hovered for 7.2 seconds.

Thanks for your reply.
It didn't move, it made no attempt to retrace it's route for a signal, it hovered for 7.2 seconds.

It's also possible that the uplink was still active even if you had lost downlink - in that case it would still be under RC control.

ok, maybe I need to test this, perhaps folding down the RC aerials to force a dropped link and see what happens...

If it happens again hold up on the height stick - that is if there are no height obstacles - that way you may get a bit of signal to the drone and usually that results in controlling it again - if it goes into RTH it will come back at the height the drone lost signal (if it is above the RTH height already) - if it’s below RTH height it will climb to the RTH height eight and come back - likely u can gain control once u see the screen come back. Once my iPad died and i didn’t a RTH - the audience watching the screen went OMG what are you gonna do now - it came home exactly the way it wasn’t supposed to but I stopped it as I didn’t want it to land on a hay bail wrapped in plastic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7