DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rugged, waterproof case for $40!!

Paulark

Reactions
7769ec97-f00e-43e6-9c08-deb2b8c7fddf_1.be2286aed9dab36954847f94c7642eb2.jpeg

This is not a solicitation, just sharing the great deal I found on a case for my Air 2. Most everyone online has cases that go for over 100 bucks. So I went to my local sporting goods store (Academy Sports) and started looking at the handgun cases. I found this Flambeau Tactical case for $39.99 and it is just as good as a Pelican or others. If you google "Flambeau small HD pistol case" you can order it from any number of stores. With the money I saved, I bought the Care Refresh!

can also look at Harbor Freight stores if they in your area, they carry Apache brand cases that are close to the same
Yeah, I'm gonna guess Apache and Flambeau cases come out of the same injection molds. They're an absolutely terrific value.

7769ec97-f00e-43e6-9c08-deb2b8c7fddf_1.be2286aed9dab36954847f94c7642eb2.jpeg

This is not a solicitation, just sharing the great deal I found on a case for my Air 2. Most everyone online has cases that go for over 100 bucks. So I went to my local sporting goods store (Academy Sports) and started looking at the handgun cases. I found this Flambeau Tactical case for $39.99 and it is just as good as a Pelican or others. If you google "Flambeau small HD pistol case" you can order it from any number of stores. With the money I saved, I bought the Care Refresh!
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Question: do they have already have foam inserts in place or are you DIYing those?

they come with pick-n-pluck foam
Yep. It was funny, after getting the drone out and about yesterday, I think I had more comments about how awesome the case was than the drone. Because living in Arkansas, you won't find too many people that know their way around a drone...but anything related to guns?! Well, you bet your sister's cousin's viginity that we know a good gun case when we see one...ummmmmmhmmmmmmm!!

Last edited:
I love hard cases but drones draw enough attention and I always get a feeling people think I'm carrying around a gun when the drone is in a hard case.

I love hard cases but drones draw enough attention and I always get a feeling people think I'm carrying around a gun when the drone is in a hard case.
That may depend on your locale, or on your level of paranoia, or both!! (shh-BOOM! ? ) Around here, I believe people think I''m an oil&gas field engineer. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1bad and geneg
Do you think the Medium Apache case can fit a Fly-more kit?
The 2800 is perfect for the drone, batteries, and remote. It’s my go fly case, all accessories stay at home. Here is my setup below with the Apache 2800. The case is such a great value at under $25 using the 20% off coupon. 37B03EE8-2974-42F5-AEF5-8DE27CC033CC.jpeg17521E62-ADE2-472E-8C1A-6A4DA45FEFBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: pelagic_one
That does look like a pretty nice case. Personally, I have had zero luck with any equipment I've bought at Harbor Freight...but I'm notoriously hard on equipment,too.

That does look like a pretty nice case. Personally, I have had zero luck with any equipment I've bought at Harbor Freight...but I'm notoriously hard on equipment,too.
Looks like the same case if you wanted to save 15 bucks.

Attachments

• 5C2BB908-56BF-48C8-9974-9A1E72332C40.jpeg
    5C2BB908-56BF-48C8-9974-9A1E72332C40.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 61
Looks like the same case if you wanted to save 15 bucks.
Wow.....exactly the same. At that price, I may just get one, throw it in the bottom of the canoe, put it through a couple float trips, and see how it holds up.

Also a good technique for testing a new female in your life...

• Haha
Reactions: Bftx
Ahhhhhhh.....that is a great idea with the plasti-dip! Already had some pieces break off unintentionally.

Reactions: TruGreen
after you get the foam how you want. spray it down with a few coats of Plasti-Dip. it will hold the rest of the foam together
Never used PlastiDip but I did get the Apache case and would like to give this a shot. How’d you get yours done? Just tape off the edges and go to town over the existing foam?

Never used PlastiDip but I did get the Apache case and would like to give this a shot. How’d you get yours done? Just tape off the edges and go to town over the existing foam?
I haven’t done it but I’d recommend going light on the mist... probably doesn’t take a lot

I haven’t done it but I’d recommend going light on the mist... probably doesn’t take a lot
I’ve already had a couple pieces of the foam feel like they want to break off and I’m trying to stay ahead of it. Sounds like a quick little weekend project for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N