DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Sadly these are my only photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventh Fairy

Reactions
Sadly I was only able to keep these photos as my Mavic 3 doesn't record video right, videos always come out like a glitched slideshow with a green screen as the videos icon and first minute. Also my drones max distance before completely losing signal is not even a mile away, and this is an area that's a wide open plane of land.

Attachments

• dji_fly_20220916_160026_82_1663362483969_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160026_82_1663362483969_photo.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 44
  • dji_fly_20220916_160242_88_1663362248228_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160242_88_1663362248228_photo.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
  • dji_fly_20220916_160252_89_1663362248883_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160252_89_1663362248883_photo.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • dji_fly_20220916_160240_87_1663362247508_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160240_87_1663362247508_photo.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 38
  • dji_fly_20220916_160218_86_1663362246566_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160218_86_1663362246566_photo.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 36
  • dji_fly_20220916_160212_85_1663362245731_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160212_85_1663362245731_photo.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 37
  • dji_fly_20220916_160152_84_1663362244755_photo.jpg
    dji_fly_20220916_160152_84_1663362244755_photo.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
my magic 3 doesn't record video right, videos always come out like a glitched slideshow with a green screen as the videos icon and first minute.
It's very rare for DJI drones to produce faulty video.
The problem is much more likely to be that the computer you are trying to view it with is not sufficiently fast or the viewing software can handle the settings you've used.
Try downloading VLC media player or playing in another computer.

Sadly I was only able to keep these photos as my Mavic 3 doesn't record video right, videos always come out like a glitched slideshow with a green screen as the videos icon and first minute. Also my drones max distance before completely losing signal is not even a mile away, and this is an area that's a wide open plane of land.
I agree with Meta4. Your video issue is most likely due to a PC/Mac with limited resources. Also, If you can see [VLOS] your drone in the air from a mile away you're doing better than many.

I agree with Meta4. Your video issue is most likely due to a PC/Mac with limited resources. Also, If you can see [VLOS] your drone in the air from a mile away you're doing better than many.
i viewed the video from the drone gallery in the fly app and it played like that, it never made it to the pc, I found out when i recorded video over the water, it played back like a slideshow, but over land it played back fine, it makes no sense to mer.

The problem is much more likely to be that the computer you are trying to view it with is not sufficiently fast or the viewing software can handle the settings you've used.
i viewed the video directly from the dji fly app and it played like a slideshow, but recorded video over land and it worked fine, dont know why, makes no sence to me but idk

when i recorded video over the water, it played back like a slideshow, but over land it played back fine, it makes no sense to me.
You are correct ... that makes no sense, it will have just been a coincidence.
Where you fly or what your subject is makes no difference to the video you shoot.

Those are some pretty cool photos by the way. I hope you’re able to get the issues you’re experiencing worked out.

Or did you remove the film from the lense out of the box, just a thought.

Ill upload some videos or pics once I'm sure my neighbors threat to shoot it down is a hollow threat. And yes as stated above, my neighbor yesterday threatened to shoot it down if i fly it like i did yesterday, yesterday i flew it directly up 320 feet above my yard, evidently if i fly it high enough to be able to see in his yard he feels violated, which i told him i was recording me and that shooting it down was illegal but hes a grumpy old red neck with a reflector on his head lol, he hears what he wants to.
If he’s open to it, maybe offer to show him the photos and video you’re taking? That way he can see what you’re actually doing up there and maybe it’ll ease his fears that you’re spying on him. May or may not work but might be worth a shot.

If he’s open to it, maybe offer to show him the photos and video you’re taking? That way he can see what you’re actually doing up there and maybe it’ll ease his fears that you’re spying on him. May or may not work but might be worth a shot.
my exact words to him were " Dude look I'm sorry if i disturbed you but I'm not looking into anyone's yard but my own, I can shot you what i was doing right now here are the photos i was taking, and his response was " I don't need to see ****, you put that **** thing up there again and I'm shootin it down, I then said dude that's illegal and I'm not doing anything to you and its 100% legal for me to hover over my own yard, if you shoot it down your gonna pay for it and i will call the police, then he said "Call the fu**ing police i don't give a **** what you do, you put it up there again and I'm gonna shoot it the **** down.

This is pretty much what was said, no one on my street likes him he is a male karen and a bad one at that. And is the sole person i was referring to in my other posts when i first came on the forum and mentioned karans on my street.

This is pretty much what was said, no one on my street likes him he is a male karen and a bad one at that. And is the sole person i was referring to in my other posts when i first came on the forum and mentioned karans on my street.
Argh, bummer.

Probably the best thing to do is just to find other places to fly. While it sucks that he’s making it difficult to fly at the most convenient location for you, the reality is if you’re mostly into the photography aspect of drones, your back yard is going to get limiting pretty quickly anyway.

In my experience, some fights aren’t worth winning, and sometimes it’s better to just pick your battles and find another path to your destination. You’ll have to decide that for yourself in this case of course.

Argh, bummer.

Probably the best thing to do is just to find other places to fly. While it sucks that he’s making it difficult to fly at the most convenient location for you, the reality is if you’re mostly into the photography aspect of drones, your back yard is going to get limiting pretty quickly anyway.

In my experience, some fights aren’t worth winning, and sometimes it’s better to just pick your battles and find another path to your destination. You’ll have to decide that for yourself in this case of course.
Well he left in his truck about an hour ago and I fly till the battery hit 30 and I got a few shots.

How can I show y'all a video here without a social media account. I just deleted all my social accounts but this one as I'm tired of and have always been an enemy of social media.

How can I show y'all a video here without a social media account. I just deleted all my social accounts but this one as I'm tired of and have always been an enemy of social media.
You could put it on google drive, Dropbox or similar and get a public sharing link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ