DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SafeAir Mavic - Thoughts?

RPASJones

Reactions
Hey guys, not sure if everyone has seen this so I thought I would share. Recently this product has been approved by transport canada for its 3rd Safety deceleration. (can fly over bystanders).

I am very interested in this product, it would make it way easier to establish a security perimeter, as well as be able to provide birds-eye aerials for construction project management.

Looking at comparisons to other products, this looks way more cost effective than buying a drone with its 3rd safety deceleration. I would love to know everyone's opinion on this product!

Interesting. It is simply a parachute system, presumably with some smarts to automatically reply when the drone is no longer under operator control.

From the website:
The FAA and other CAAs around the world have indicated that parachute systems that comply with ASTM F3322-18 are a good way to mitigate the risk of flight over people.

From what I could find (before the website froze up) is that ASTM F3322-18 requires a certain number of test implementations, certified by an independent third party. It seems that this has been achieved, and that (if you believe the companies website) the Canadian authorities have looked at the ASTM F3322-18 compliance, and have certified this for flights over people. I cannot find anything from the CAA that confirms this claim.

It is not clear if the FAA is looking at this, or even how we could ask them to evaluate it.

I will have another look & update when the parazero website comes back up...

Hey, RWD,I've saw the new parachute from safeair to took a look and I think there a good good company but, very pricey I've purchased from fruitychutes for my Mavic2 Pro and Zoom and it works fine for me although I thought they where pricey too at now $650+ it works great.Im not sure about faa certs.but its a great product I recommend if you need a chute that works well at half the cost.

Interesting. It is simply a parachute system, presumably with some smarts to automatically reply when the drone is no longer under operator control.

From the website:
The FAA and other CAAs around the world have indicated that parachute systems that comply with ASTM F3322-18 are a good way to mitigate the risk of flight over people.

From what I could find (before the website froze up) is that ASTM F3322-18 requires a certain number of test implementations, certified by an independent third party. It seems that this has been achieved, and that (if you believe the companies website) the Canadian authorities have looked at the ASTM F3322-18 compliance, and have certified this for flights over people. I cannot find anything from the CAA that confirms this claim.

It is not clear if the FAA is looking at this, or even how we could ask them to evaluate it.

I will have another look & update when the parazero website comes back up...
Hi, Avi from ParaZero here.

The FAA has already approved 13 waivers for flight over people with this system and it sister system for the Phantom. Operators that secured waivers include large organizations like CNN, Verizon Media, NDDOT and also smaller drone service companies like Drone Master Pro, Aliens and Machines, Alaska Aerial Media and others.

The SafeAir System + ASTM Kit includes the compliance documentation that's required to attach with your waiver application; declaration of compliance, 3rd party testing report (with data from over 45 aerial deployments), waiver safety explanation template...

In Canada, operators don't need a waiver to fly over people as long they are certified for advanced operations, purchase an ASTM compliant SafeAir System and re-register their drone as ParaZero Mavic 2/Phantom 4 with SafeAir + ASTM Kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi, Avi from ParaZero here.

The FAA has already approved 13 waivers for flight over people with this system and it sister system for the Phantom. Operators that secured waivers include large organizations like CNN, Verizon Media, NDDOT and also smaller drone service companies like Drone Master Pro, Aliens and Machines, Alaska Aerial Media and others.

The SafeAir System + ASTM Kit includes the compliance documentation that's required to attach with your waiver application; declaration of compliance, 3rd party testing report (with data from over 45 aerial deployments), waiver safety explanation template...

In Canada, operators don't need a waiver to fly over people as long they are certified for advanced operations, purchase an ASTM compliant SafeAir System and re-register their drone as ParaZero Mavic 2/Phantom 4 with SafeAir + ASTM Kit.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hey Avi,

When/if the parachute malfunctions, I understand that you guys will have to "re-pack" the chute. Can you describe to me the process of re-packing? (How much $/down-time/chances of happening again)

Hey Avi,

When/if the parachute malfunctions, I understand that you guys will have to "re-pack" the chute. Can you describe to me the process of re-packing? (How much $/down-time/chances of happening again)
You said 'parachute malfunctions' but remember that the parachute is supposed to open when the drone malfunctions. :) In any case, if the system opens for whatever reason it needs to be repacked by the manufacturer. We are setting up a logistics center in California that will handle parachute repacks. Repacks will be free for a small nominal fee. Shipping costs will be covered by the customer.

In a standard scenario, the hope is that most customers will never need to send a parachute for repack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7