DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sail 'n Cycle

Suniva

Reactions
Out of pure interest for flying a (relatively) cheap drone I bought the Mavic Mini (1). Now I'm more and more discovering that I bought a powerful toy and I get the need to dive into the possibilities deeper and deeper.
At the same time, I realise it's costing me more time than anticipated, but that's ok.
As the title says, I'm sailing, having my sailboat in Greece (living on it) and cycling/biking (to get from Holland, which is my official home-country, to my boat).

Both ways of travelling are perfect for drones.
I'm now in the process of finding out which app gives me the best features and I'm coming to the conclusion that DJI is ok for most standard things, but that I need Litchi most for the 'follow me' function.
Maybe I'll get into the waypoint and mission flying later.

I hope to find some tips here and in return will drop a video every now and then.
But I'm still climbing the learning curve for most things, so give me some time :)

Wish you all a nice and virus free summer. ;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?
Hi, I get this adBlock message. But the fact is, I have disabled it. Why do I still get the message?

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Out of pure interest for flying a (relatively) cheap drone I bought the Mavic Mini (1). Now I'm more and more discovering that I bought a powerful toy and I get the need to dive into the possibilities deeper and deeper.
At the same time, I realise it's costing me more time than anticipated, but that's ok.
As the title says, I'm sailing, having my sailboat in Greece (living on it) and cycling/biking (to get from Holland, which is my official home-country, to my boat).

I'm now in the process of finding out which app gives me the best features and I'm coming to the conclusion that DJI is ok for most standard things, but that I need Litchi most for the 'follow me' function.

I hope to find some tips here and in return will drop a video every now and then.
But I'm still climbing the learning curve for most things, so give me some time :)

Welcome to the forum from the Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Would love to hear about this adventure, lived in Greece for two years, have been sailing for 20. Never really had an opportunity to toss them both together like you though. Would love to see video of your boat underway. Looks like about a 3,300 nm trip are you single handing this trip?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike