DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saint Lucia 2018

MPone

Reactions
A summarized version of my Saint Lucia trip with the background music from IvanTorrent (recommended by Rob @Jatekman).

St. Lucia is the sort of island that travelers to the Caribbean dream about--a small, lush tropical gem that is still relatively unknown. In natural beauty, St. Lucia seems like an island plucked from the South Pacific and set down in the Caribbean. Its dramatic twin coastal peaks, the Pitons, soar 2,000 feet up from the sea, sheltering magnificent rain forests where wild orchids, giant ferns, and birds of paradise flourish.

I am headed there in January! I posted a question about taking my drone on a Disney cruise to use when I get here and other islands we will be docking at. Told Disney doesn't allow drones on their cruises but wondering how to get my drone onboard so I can use it on the islands that allow them! Won't even take it out of its carrying case onboard.

I am headed there in January! I posted a question about taking my drone on a Disney cruise to use when I get here and other islands we will be docking at. Told Disney doesn't allow drones on their cruises but wondering how to get my drone onboard so I can use it on the islands that allow them! Won't even take it out of its carrying case onboard.

Normally what I do is remove the props from the drone and store it some place else. This way they see something else rather than a drone.

Excellent vid, really outstanding!
Yeah the early parts were interesting but not so mindblowing then the summary now.
You have heaps of real good shots, the Piton Beach shots are epic like James Bond, typical Carrebean colors, nice editing and as I thought the music makes this mix to an awesome vid.
You have maaaaannny transitions, some are good and interesting, some not and for me it's way to much and I guess hard cuts, black iris and crossfades would be much cleaner- but this is a matter of taste.
Very good work, much effort, cool vid- congrats!
You have a new subscriber.
I have visited Saint Lucia and you are right, it's a magic place.

Ciao Rob

Reactions: MPone
I guess you mentioned the many transitions are at the beginning of the video. Right? I guess the transitions kind of give it a distorted look. Thanks for all the feed backs and showing me Ivan Torrent. His music is simply awesome.

Reactions: Jatekman
Update as of today (9 of august 2019) : despite many Youtube videos one should be warned that taking off from Sugar Beach might not be easy as the resort’s guards are keeping an eye on the (public) beach.

They seem to attach a lot of importance to preserve the privacy of their deluxe guests (ok with that) but will not even allow you to fly over the sea (which was the purpose of my visit and is fully legal in Saint-Lucia). The angry guard was fearing I would spy on the resort o_O ...

It seems I am a new victim of the responsible flyer’s « excuse me sir, do you mind if I take off from here » syndrom.

Being busy with the kids I did not argue.

Note that I have kindly been advised of the situation by a local guy and that another one offered to take me on a boat for both a tour and the opportunity to have a flight in peace (any connection there ? ?). Anyway the island is full of other beautiful spots to make great pictures as seen in MPone’s video. Same with the people from St-Lucia ! ?

Enjoy your stay there.

Reactions: MPone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000