DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sale $300 Off DJI FPV Kit - BestBuy Early Black Friday Sale

Amazon USA is $999 right now as well.

are the fpv ,s as easy to fly in the tight spots as they look on the videos I might have to get some for searching

are the fpv ,s as easy to fly in the tight spots as they look on the videos I might have to get some for searching
There is a different perspective, and it does provide a better view for close navigation due to wide lens, goggles and the DJI HD digital transmission. Keep in mind, the DJI FPV is a hybrid... it has stability, hover, OA, Ground sensors and accurate readout and GPS that normal FPV's do not. This allows it to be flown in a more traditional stable manor in 2 modes, and one has a little object avoidance... but will not prevent you from strikes, the other maintains stability & hover without OA (3rd mode full manual - acrobat). The ground sensor below I think 10-15 ft provides a seperate display in goggles very accurate so you can fly 1ft off ground easily.

Although their flight time is shorter, much louder (very loud in comparison), 2 axis gimbal, and a different flight behavior... it's not a relaxing flight, it's challenging & mentally draining... at the same time a total exciting blast! They are fast in movement, acceleration and speed: Mode 1 39, 2 59, 3 99mph

I'm sure it could be utilized for various roles if determined.

Last edited:
There is a different perspective, and it does provide a better view for close navigation due to wide lens, goggles and the DJI HD digital transmission. Keep in mind, the DJI FPV is a hybrid... it has stability, hover, OA, Ground sensors and accurate readout and GPS that normal FPV's do not. This allows it to be flown in a more traditional stable manor in 2 modes, and one has a little object avoidance... but will not prevent you from strikes, the other maintains stability & hover without OA (3rd mode full manual - acrobat). The ground sensor below I think 10-15 ft provides a seperate display in goggles very accurate so you can fly 1ft off ground easily.

Although their flight time is shorter, much louder (very loud in comparison), 2 axis gimbal, and a different flight behavior... it's not a relaxing flight, it's challenging & mentally draining... at the same time a total exciting blast! They are fast in movement, acceleration and speed: Mode 1 39, 2 59, 3 99mphb

I'm sure it could be utilized for various roles if determined.
thank you for the insight sounds like It could pay for itself and save alot of mission planning for me ,HMMM good thing i believe in santa

Hello to all, new here, I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a new drone purchase, I have zero experience, would this Amazon deal be a good place to start?

I have zero experience, would this Amazon deal be a good place to start?
This a great deal for the DJI FPV drone if that's the type of drone you need/want.

What are you planning to do with your drone?

Hello to all, new here, I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on a new drone purchase, I have zero experience, would this Amazon deal be a good place to start?
I'd agree with @msinger , great price at $300 off!
Same price ordering from Amazon or walking into BestBuy.

You just joined the forum, are you accustomed to flying drones or does "zero experience" indicate no experience. Asking since you seem unaware of the DJI FPV. If looking for an easy fly "photo" drone... this probably isn't the best option; I suggest a Mini 2 to start.

If you're wanting to get into the FPV arena and the DJI FPV this is the deal.

Reactions: Rchawks
Thank you guys so much to responding to my post.

To answer the your questions, I have no plans what to do with my drone at the moment and "zero experience" means .... ZERO experience.

But, lots of interest though .....

I work all the time to support my family ...

My wife has been on me to get a hobby for sometime, I have been looking into RC Planes and Drones.

Any input for this nubie will be appreciated.

Thank you guys so much to responding to my post.

To answer the your questions, I have no plans what to do with my drone at the moment and "zero experience" means .... ZERO experience.

But, lots of interest though .....

I work all the time to support my family ...

My wife has been on me to get a hobby for sometime, I have been looking into RC Planes and Drones.

Any input for this nubie will be appreciated.
I would highly suggest a Mini2 or a used Mavic 2 or Mavic Air 2. Or… wait a bit and examine the newer Autel Nano and Lite models. With the release of Mavic 3, may see Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom showing up for nice price.

The mini 2 would be one of the lower cost options… many like them a lot, others prefer more M2P. Stronger Wind is a problem for Mini2 compared to M2P.

Based on your experience, I’d avoid the DJI FPV for 1st drone.

Mini 2 @ $600

I would highly suggest a Mini2 or a used Mavic 2 or Mavic Air 2. Or… wait a bit and examine the newer Autel Nano and Lite models. With the release of Mavic 3, may see Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom showing up for nice price.

The mini 2 would be one of the lower cost options… many like them a lot, others prefer more M2P. Stronger Wind is a problem for Mini2 compared to M2P.

Based on your experience, I’d avoid the DJI FPV for 1st drone.

Mini 2 @ $600
So the price certainly look better .... and after watching a few crash video I'm thinking a lesser expensive drone is the ticket.

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf