DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Same spot take picture different time auto

I can see why you want to capture that, you might want to try Litchi using way points but if you get serious look into Drone Deploy , as that is fully automated.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain.

I can see why you want to capture that, you might want to try Litchi using way points but if you get serious look into Drone Deploy , as that is fully automated.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain.
Oh, I have bought Litchi last year but didn't used it that much
Is it better for these kind of shots?
Can I fly my drone using the Litchi app, fly to my desired height, location, and from the Litchi app while I am in the air to save that location including the gimbal position too, and the next time when I fly my drone at different time at the day, to just click on that saved location and the drone to fly automatically to that location and let me take the pictue?

I am not a user of the Litchi but you can do much more detailed missions with Drone Deploy but you do have to pay
the Premium so try to get what you can from Litchi.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain

Reactions: aleksandar069
LITCHI allows you to program waypoint missions, which can include taking shots at way points, then fly that same mission over and over (taking the same shot each time).

It's been awhile since I've used it, so I cannot answer the question about the gimbal setting with confidence. I think there is a parameter for this, but don't remember if it worked well.

Thankfully, there is a forum area specific for these kinds of questions (about control apps), here:

Chris

Yes, Litchi (beta only for mini) allows you to set a waypoints and perform a set of actions at each point.
For this you'd want to set the waypoint altitude, and co-ordinates then have the camera point at a "point of interest" rather than set the gimbal angle.

A "point of interest" is simply another location in 3d space defined by it's own co-ordinates and altitude, so you could easily achieve what you want with this.

A while back, I started to do the same thing as you to try and get the same timelapse result, but covid got in the way and ruined that ??‍♂️

You can just use the Go Fly app and do Time Lapse Waypoints and save the waypoint mission. Then save the individual photos for putting together your "same place" photo comparisons.

Pretty simple solution when Using the DJI Go4 App.

Waypoints 2.0 are built into the Go4 app specifically for the M2P.
  • Startup Waypoints
  • Position your drone at the desired location, gimbal pitch too. Basically frame out your shot.
  • Then create a single waypoint mission by pressing the f1 Key on your controller.
  • You should see a waypoint annotation on the map.
  • Set an Action for this single waypoint to take a photo.
  • Hover or RTS when completed.
  • Save this Waypoint mission by giving it a name of your choice.

Every time you need a photo, load the waypoint mission and press Start.
Job done. Perfectly framed pictures every time.

Easy Day!

Pretty simple solution when Using the DJI Go4 App.

Waypoints 2.0 are built into the Go4 app specifically for the M2P.
  • Startup Waypoints
  • Position your drone at the desired location, gimbal pitch too. Basically frame out your shot.
  • Then create a single waypoint mission by pressing the f1 Key on your controller.
  • You should see a waypoint annotation on the map.
  • Set an Action for this single waypoint to take a photo.
  • Hover or RTS when completed.
  • Save this Waypoint mission by giving it a name of your choice.

Every time you need a photo, load the waypoint mission and press Start.
Job done. Perfectly framed pictures every time.

Easy Day!
Thank you so much!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme