DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung 256 GB EVO+ SD card - Mavic Air doesn't see it.

DanMc

Reactions
Just picked up a super fast Samsung EVO+ micro SD card, a whopping 256 GB. The Mavic Air doesn't even see it. Is this beyond the size that the Air can address?

Some of DJI's drones do have size limitations on cards. I don't have an Air, but the owner's manual should say.

DJI doesn’t recommend anything over 128gb for the Air.

I tried 256gig in the Mavic Pro Platinum...nada....the M2Z...nada, Mavic Air...nada, Spark....and a nada...if I had a Phantom I would try that...

I tried 256gig in the Mavic Pro Platinum...nada....the M2Z...nada, Mavic Air...nada, Spark....and a nada...if I had a Phantom I would try that...

Make sure your card isn't counterfeit. (many cards sold online can be) I've run a 256gb card in my Mavic Air for over a year without a problem.

I use a 256GB on my M2P. No problem.
Are you getting the full 256 gig of storage or just 128gig of it, because in the past I had units\devices\what ever had a maximum capacity of and it would only recognize that capacity amount. Like I tried a 128 gig sd card in a 64 gig max. Capacity camera and 64 gig was recognized and it was just like I only had a 64 gig card in it. Can that be happening here with all the DJ I drones. Only 128 gigs is being recognized out of your 256 gig cards. Just curious, that's all....

Are you getting the full 256 gig of storage or just 128gig of it, because in the past I had units\devices\what ever had a maximum capacity of and it would only recognize that capacity amount. Like I tried a 128 gig sd card in a 64 gig max. Capacity camera and 64 gig was recognized and it was just like I only had a 64 gig card in it. Can that be happening here with all the DJ I drones. Only 128 gigs is being recognized out of your 256 gig cards. Just curious, that's all....

I absolutely get the full 256GB. I suspect I could access more than that. See my post just this morning:

Ok my friends, I never bought a 256 giggybite for the drone because the manual said 128 gig max. Well if 128gig max. Is bogus in the manual then I have get the 256gigb...just for the fact I'm tired of running out of space on the 128 gig card..

Bigger isn’t always better. Save money. Buy a 64GB U3 SD card for every battery. A 24 min 4K video wn’t Even get close to 20% filling it. I change my SD card every time I change the battery to minimize chances of losing vids/pics. Just my $0.02

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica