DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge; System UI error message

mattyd58

Reactions
Hi,
Received my replacement Mavic. This one works - with my Nexus 9 - too large a device. Is anyone using Samsung Galaxy 7 phone (not Note)? Go app will not work for me on Mavic, P4 or P3 Pro. All I get is error message "System UI" (see attached photo)? No video feed or telemetry, controller and bird are paired and connected - I could fly blind if I chose to.. Last night was on phone with Samsung Tech Support till midnight, no success. I have appointment to call back this evening. Any feedback, advice or just confirmation that the Galaxy 7 phone is compatible with the DJI Go app, flying Mavic in particular, will be appreciated. Thanks.
Screenshot SYSTEM UI.png

I am currently flying the Mavic with a Samsung S7 Edge on DJI GO 4 flawlessly since I received it two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: mattyd58
No issues here either. Phone firmware up to date? Maybe something is screwed up and a factory reset could help?

No the issue is likely that you are using DJI GO 3 and not DJI GO 4. I can telll you are using the old app by your screenshot. They are seperate apps in the play store. Search the play store for DGI GO 4, install it and you should be right.

No the issue is likely that you are using DJI GO 3 and not DJI GO 4. I can telll you are using the old app by your screenshot. They are seperate apps in the play store. Search the play store for DGI GO 4, install it and you should be right.
I'm using the 3 app with an S7 Edge with no problems. I've had problems with 4.

I tend to get that System UI message if I have both 4 and 3 installed. I have the OSMO Mobile so need 3, but if you don't uninstall 3 and load 4, if it does not connect unplug the USB and insert again it should then work.

You may also need to clear the defaults for the app, and when you insert the USB with the app loaded it will prompt for you to use this app with this accessory. Click yes and it should work.

I am currently flying the Mavic with a Samsung S7 Edge on DJI GO 4 flawlessly since I received it two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thank you each & all. I agree with each of you and have gone through all the suggested fixes,no luck. Plus GF has same phone and it works perfectly with the drones too. Samsung can't identify the problem either. I'm getting my phone replaced, only 5 bucks for that so all should be well soon, still wish I could figure out the problem though.. Thank you again.

No issues here either. Phone firmware up to date? Maybe something is screwed up and a factory reset could help?

Thank you each & all. I agree with each of you and have gone through all the suggested fixes,no luck. Plus GF has same phone and it works perfectly with the drones too. Samsung can't identify the problem either. I'm getting my phone replaced, only 5 bucks for that so all should be well soon, still wish I could figure out the problem though.. Thank you again.

Have you actually tried uninstalling all versions of DGIGo (3 and 4) and then importantly have you followed this by manually deleting the DGIGo folders? If you don't do this last step you have not actually uninstalled it and you could not expect any improvements. Further I notice in your screen shot you have several other apps running in the background. I always kill all other apps as part of my preflight process on my S7edge.

Reactions: Andrew F
Have you actually tried uninstalling all versions of DGIGo (3 and 4) and then importantly have you followed this by manually deleting the DGIGo folders? If you don't do this last step you have not actually uninstalled it and you could not expect any improvements. Further I notice in your screen shot you have several other apps running in the background. I always kill all other apps as part of my preflight process on my S7edge.
Thank you. Greatly appreciate your taking time to reply. I agree with everything you said and yes to all. Actually I have tablets designated just for my drones. As soon as I get the converter I ordered that fits in the Mavic controller to hold any size device I will be back to using the tablets. Screen shot was done way after the fact and quickly, just to document the error message for DJI. Purportedly this particular issue never had arose previously; according to DJI it was unprecedented. I've been dealing with DJI since it's inception; I've learned to recognize when they are going to be reasonable and when they are going to 'circle the wagons'. This was something they were not interested in hearing about at all and so I had to jump through uncountable hoops. Took me 3 months and 4 Mavics to get a working one. And 'working' remains questionable and I may need to send this one back in as well. Still testing and I'm about to post another question. I continue to get inconsistent video. I'll record video in the same area back to back, same settings and format then play back using multiple players, viz., QuickTime, VLC, Photoshop, Davinci, Windows Media, GoPro et. al. Some video is perfect - crystal clear. Others are so blurred that at first I thought I might have missed a plastic, protective shield on the camera lens. No, I did not. It's very frustrating and has me just about ready to give up on the Mavic. I'm weary from dealing with DJI and just want the bird to work as advertised. If I wanted to go through all this hassle I'd just have built my own. I do have a several modded DJI builds as well as my complete DIY racer. But the marketing on the Mavic was very alluring, This bird has great potential, I just need one that is fully functional.

Discovered today that the problem also occurs if any version of DJI GO is installed along with Litchi. I would really like to find a fix now.

I have the identical problem to you, however I am flying a phantom 4 and my phone is an S7 but not an edge. I have discovered that I get the error if I have more than one of DJI GO, DJI GO4 or Litchi installed on my device. If I install any ONE of these everything works fine.

I too, really need a solution to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: boxsterfahrer
DJI reminded me that the s7 is not on the recommended device list but I said that the argument is not valid considering they are in part to blame by not yet supporting my Osmo Mobile in DJI GO 4, nor my P3 and are forcing me to use DJI GO 4 if I want the latest developments for the Mavic Pro. They have escalated the issue and I have a call arranged later this week to discuss.

It's a problem with the phone really. This "System UI" is supposed to be the standard android popup that asks you which app you want to launch for the peripheral that was connected, and it just seems that on some s7 software versions it's broken.
Given AFAIK it works fine on the stock Samsung international version which mine is I'd hazard a guess that those who have issues are using carrier-customized ROMs, said carriers have botched stock android functionality when inserting their awful bloatware and the responsibility's on them... make sure you're up to date in case they fixed it (or not in case they broke it recently...)

IMG_20170102_141438.jpg

Last edited:
Mines a stock Samsung, purchased SIM free with no carrier.

OK, what version? I'm on G930FXXU1BPJG from a couple of weeks ago

Oh and there's a new update available, BPJJ

Mine is G935FXXU1BPJG currently and no update available at present. I think the G935 refers to the S7 edge, I guess you're using the S7.

I'm on G935FXXU1BPLH and all working fine for me. S7 edge purchased in Australia. Installed a small OS update yesterday as it happens.

PS wonder if might might be worth you guys temporarily trying a different launcher on your phone. Just that I did a bit of a google search and one of the suggestions for fixing System UI errors was clearing out your Launcher cache. I use Google Now and have not issues so might be worth try.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom