DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SAMSUNG GALAXY A32 5G UPDATED WITH ANDROID 12 DJI GO 4 APP NOT WORKING

Joe Herrera

Reactions
Site
www.engagingfilm.com
I have watched a few videos on YT and have asked folks on my Mavic FB page. I've tried different combinations to get the DJI GO 4 app working and still nothing. As stated in the subject line, I have a Samsung Galaxy A32 phone recently updated with the Android 12 OS which as thousands or millions of people have reported, it makes the app inoperable. Does anyone have an idea to get the app working for this specific phone? Please help! Thank you.

Reactions: DroneMan_ID
Suffering from the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy A32 5G with Android 12. Cannot seem to find assistance anywhere! It's like DJI doesn't care about its customers who have their drones. Extremely disappointed right now.

This morning, Android sent another system update. I consented then afterwards I reloaded the flying app again and it opened and stayed open! I did this at my workplace so I cannot confirm that it connects with the drone as before. I will find out tonight. This timing of this update is too close to the last one, so it has to be Android fixed the bug due to consumer complaints.

Hi guys! I have the same problem. I can't run my DJI GO 4 app. I watched this video:
and I managed to install DJI FLY, but then realized I can't fly my Mavic Air with DJI FLY app. Anyone figured it out yet? Has anyone used Litchi?

same issue. downloaded installer straight from dji website but does not solve the problem. I am using Samsung S21 with Android 12. This is really upsetting as I cant use my drone anymore

For whatever reason, Go4 seems to be broken on Android 12 with some hardware combinations - mostly the latest phones from Samsung and Google, but I've also seen a small number of similar reports with other brands.

The complete silence from DJI on whether there is even going to be any update of Go4 to fix the issue, combined with *months* of stonewalling (the issue came to light nearly a year ago when the first Android 12 Betas came out) doesn't fill me with hope, but they've only just fixed Fly, so who knows? The only "options" at the moment seem to be switching to Litchi, acquiring an older phone that still supports Go4 reliably to use as a dedicated controller (you don't need a SIM for this), or a secondhand SmartController. All of which obviously have issues.

Quite frankly, this is the kind of support I'd expect from a market bit-player selling cheap hardware, not a market leader selling premium kit like DJI. Even though still I have my previous phone and am able to use that to fly, that's quite inconvenient and I'm getting increasingly frustrated with DJI's attitude towards the issue. They could easily have acknowledged the issue, provided some clarity on what they (or Google) were doing about it, rough timescales, and whether they are even going to bother fixing Go4 or not since it's almost certainly no longer being actively developed.

One thing's for sure; I'm going to be taking a much harder look at Autel and Skydio than I might otherwise have done when I buy my next drone.

One thing's for sure; I'm going to be taking a much harder look at Autel and Skydio than I might otherwise have done when I buy my next drone.
I would have gone Skydio... except their video/photo specs is hardly any better than that of the DJI Mini 2. Keyframing and other features would have been awesome... but they really need to bump up that photo/video quality.

FYI, some users are reporting an App update to v4.3.50 for both iOS and (further down) Android. This does not seem to be on DJI Support/Download page yet, but hopefully will be posted soon and with a little luck fix the issues many of us are having with our newer phones!

Glad ive just seen this thread.
I have a Mavic pro 2 |zoom. Always worked brilliantly. I was using it with a smart controller.
Anyway, I sold the smart controller, and decided to go back to the phone, to save space on my motorcycle. I bought the new S22 Ultra. And now the app wont work. I sent the drone and controller to Drone doctor, They sent it back saying there was no issues. They suggested it was the phone. It nows seems certain the app isn't playing ball on the newer phones. And Ill just have to either wait to see if they sort it, or get an older phone.

Go4 direct from DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme