DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung galaxy s9

I have the S9 - not the 9+. Mavic told me that neither the Air or Pro is compatible with the S9 so I held off buying the Air. Has anybody flown the Air with the S9 and if so the results ?

Thanks in advance for replies

I have the S9 - not the 9+. Mavic told me that neither the Air or Pro is compatible with the S9 so I held off buying the Air. Has anybody flown the Air with the S9 and if so the results ?

Thanks in advance for replies
The S9 (as well as some phones that are on the compatibility list) compass suffers from interference with the controller. What this means is that the radar display will not accurately show your orientation relative to the drone. This is disappointing but not really a big deal because the radar display isn't critical for flying anyway. Otherwise, the S9 seems to work fine.

The S9 (as well as some phones that are on the compatibility list) compass suffers from interference with the controller. What this means is that the radar display will not accurately show your orientation relative to the drone. This is disappointing but not really a big deal because the radar display isn't critical for flying anyway. Otherwise, the S9 seems to work fine.
Thanks for the replay

I've used my S9+ with both my MA and MP with zero issues. Love the large and bright screen on it. Is it too late for you to get the plus? Aside from the larger screen, it comes with 6GB RAM instead of 4GB, and it has a dual-lens camera giving you an optical zoom, not digital.

Does the Air come with a cord that plugs into the Galaxy S9 - if not is there a recommendation for an after market one ?

Again thanks in advance for all replies.

Does the Air come with a cord that plugs into the Galaxy S9 - if not is there a recommendation for an after market one ?

Again thanks in advance for all replies.
Fly more combo comes with all the types of cables. Not sure about regular AIR check out some unboxing, even if it doesn't ( which is highly unlikely ) it'll come with USB to Type C adapter + s9/+ comes with that adapter anyway so you're covered.

Great - My Air Fly More should be delivered Tuesday :)

If you want the GPS fixed, just launch GMaps and do the figure 8 to calibrate the compass, then it will take the controller of set into account and its much better (although not perfect, as is no phone really)

As for cables, usb-c comes in the box.

interesting: I have been trying to connect my S9+ to my Mavic Air remote and every time I try the wireless charging wants to connect. just getting the beeps and screen flashes the wireless charging half circle.
Is there a fix or some option I have over looked? OK it's not the wireless charging. it's cycling to charge or trickle charge the phone but I never get to step 4 in it's setup. Could it be some kind of Developers options that needs to be set?

Last edited:
Reactions: stoutat
What do you mean by Wireless Charging connects? Do you mean rather the charging connects instead? as the controller does 'trickle' charge to the phone. If your phone is instead trying to charge the remote, pull down the status menu, tap the connected notification, and change the connection type from charger to data or similar (never had to do it so not sure what options it gives you in there)

My devices (S8+, s10+, Galaxy Tab) all just launch Go4 when the USB get's plugged in.

Mine did the charging thing too. If you connect from the bottom USB, you won't have that problem. The only issue is the cable hanging out, which isn't a big deal to me. I have an S9+

After doing research, it is a charging issue. I also have a iPad and it works ok using the usb port on the RC but the 9+ won't work either way.
What do you mean by Wireless Charging connects? Do you mean rather the charging connects instead? as the controller does 'trickle' charge to the phone. If your phone is instead trying to charge the remote, pull down the status menu, tap the connected notification, and change the connection type from charger to data or similar (never had to do it so not sure what options it gives you in there)

My devices (S8+, s10+, Galaxy Tab) all just launch Go4 when the USB get's plugged in.

There is no setting on my S9+ to change the behavior when something is plugged in like that.

Fixed I now have a new 9+ my old one had a loose usb c connector and it failed completely. My new one works great now with my mavic air.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54