DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" T290NZKAXAR

stevemull59

Reactions
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" T290NZKAXAR not knowing DJIFLY for MM would not install on it. So I installed Litchi (Beta). It installed. Hooked it up and it works with MM. Have yet to try Dronelink but I'm sure it will install also, I will keep you posted. People will ask, why not just get an iPad? For is much as I fly it's not worth the expense for me. Just want a bigger screen to look it. I got the TAB A tablet for less then half the price of an iPad. $120 out the door free shipping from Costco. Brand new. Also I'm not a fan of Apple. I am currently using a S10 phone. If I can use Litchi or Dronelink on this tablet I will be happy. I have a question. Does Litchi or Dronelink do firmware updates to MM or do I have to use DJIFLY strictly for that? Thanks.

Last edited:
Just use DJI Assistant 2 on the PC for the firmware updates

Reactions: stevemull59
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" T290NZKAXAR not knowing DJIFLY for MM would not install on it. So I installed Litchi (Beta). It installed. Hooked it up and it works with MM. Have yet to try Dronelink but I'm sure it will install also, I will keep you posted. People will ask, why not just get an iPad? For is much as I fly it's not worth the expense for me. Just want a bigger screen to look it. I got the TAB A tablet for less then half the price of an iPad. $120 out the door free shipping from Costco. Brand new. Also I'm not a fan of Apple. I am currently using a S10 phone. If I can use Litchi or Dronelink on this tablet I will be happy. I have a question. Does Litchi or Dronelink do firmware updates to MM or do I have to use DJIFLY strictly for that? Thanks.
I own the same tablet. You can't download the fly app from the play store but you can side load it. Works fine on mine.

When using Litchi, ensure you force kill any other DJI based apps. LITCHI uses the DJI APK as a base and if you have other DJI still active, please force kill before using Litchi. Otherwise, the potential for conflicts may exist!

LITCHI does not do the updates, that responsibility belongs to DJI!

Reactions: stevemull59
I tested out all 3 app's on the Galaxy Tab A 8" . They all worked flawlessly. Sideloaded Dronelink, sideloaded DJIFLY and got Litchi Beta right from the Playstore. Did a waypoint mission with Dronelink and it worked perfectly. This tablet is way better they looking at an S10 phone. Great price to. I sure hope Litchi makes waypoints work with MM.
DJIFLY APK download I got here. DJI Fly- DJI Download Center- DJI

Last edited:
I tested out all 3 app's on the Galaxy Tab A 8" . They all worked flawlessly. Sideloaded Dronelink, sideloaded DJIFLY and got Litchi Beta right from the Playstore. Did a waypoint mission with Dronelink and it worked perfectly. This tablet is way better they looking at an S10 phone. Great price to. I sure hope Litchi makes waypoints work with MM.
DJIFLY APK download I got here. DJI Fly- DJI Download Center- DJI
Glad you got it working. I was thinking of adding Dronelink to my tab 8 but was told it may not have enough RAM to run it. Glad to hear it works on yours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123