DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip phone

It's not on the DJI approved list.

It's not on the DJI approved list.

I don't know that I would take that list as gospel though, my phone (Note 10+) is not listed as an approved phone, yet works just fine. Here is the current list per DJI:

Android V4.3.32
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

I would assume the Z-Flip is running a version of Android 10, so in theory should work fine. My only concern were it my phone would be if DJI Go 4 gets confused between the phone being a phone or a tablet. Certainly worth trying the software with props removed before flying.

I don't know that I would take that list as gospel though, my phone (Note 10+) is not listed as an approved phone, yet works just fine. Here is the current list per DJI:

Android V4.3.32
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

I would assume the Z-Flip is running a version of Android 10, so in theory should work fine. My only concern were it my phone would be if DJI Go 4 gets confused between the phone being a phone or a tablet. Certainly worth trying the software with props removed before flying.
You need both a 64 bit architecture & 64 bit Android. Get Antutu Benchmark from the Playstore to find out. If Fly is not available to you on the playstore then download the .apk from DJI and install. You may want to be in Airplane mode when flying.

You need both a 64 bit architecture & 64 bit Android. Get Antutu Benchmark from the Playstore to find out. If Fly is not available to you on the playstore then download the .apk from DJI and install. You may want to be in Airplane mode when flying.
To expand on what Naiku said, OP has an M2, not an MM or MA2. M2 uses Go4, not Fly.

Even if the Go app would run on the flip phone, the form factor would not be ideal. I'm sure the screen would be rather tiny. If it isn't a touch screen, that would be worse.

Never mind. When OP said "flip phone", I was thinking of the legacy flip phones with a screen on one half, and keys on the other.

This is actually the foldable phone that Samsung first had problems with. It may work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143