DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Note 9 does not work so if I am going to buy a phone or tablet which works best

JMCM

Reactions
So I just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and my Samsun Note 9 is useless with this- Committed to the product I will buy a new phone or tablet what should I get

I am using a Samsung Note 9 and trying to set up the drone for the first time. During the process it trys to update the firmware and it does not it keeps stating that the update failed ,restart the equipment and try again later. Reason: network disconnected. Reconnect to continue downloading.
So when I began to dig I found a thread in the p4 area that stated from a dji tech support that the dji 4 app does not support the samsung GALAXY note 9

Hope this better explains my situation Thanks for the reply

Hey, I run my mavic on a galaxy note 9. I didn't do anything special to get the software to boot either. Issue is something other than the phone type. Or... I just lucked out, which is entirely possible.

Reactions: dawgpilot
So I just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and my Samsun Note 9 is useless with this- Committed to the product I will buy a new phone or tablet what should I get
Hello, I do use my Note 9 and it works just fine. I've done 6 flights with it so far. The only issue I had was downloading the App trough the PlayStore. I downloaded the APK and everything works perfectly now. The only thing is that its hard to fit. Here's my way of fitting it:
If you are having issues downloading trough the playstore check this link, you can download the APK there. After installation, it behaves like every other app and is updateable trough the playstore: You searched for DJI Go 4 - APKMirror

No issues with my Note 8 here. As others have said, your problem is likely due to another cause.

I had problems with the USB C cable that came with the MP, same sort of messages about disconnects. I ordered a new one from Amazon and everything is fine now

I run mine on a S8, Pixel, Galaxy Active TAB 1, Ipad mini 4 and ipad air 2. All work fine. I also have some cheap honor 4x,5x and 6x that run DJI GO just fine.

Don't tell my Note 9 that it should not be working... as it works perfectly fine.

Officially, DJI does not support 90% of the phones on the market. This is only because they have not personally tested them. In the real world the DJI Go app works on a vast majority of phones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost