DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S10+ Keeps dimming and yes I checked all the display settings

conchman

Reactions
Especially in the sun, it keeps dimming during flight. I checked all settings and its not on automatic. Adaptive Brightness is off and Blue Light Filter is off, Brightness set to maximum. It's really annoying, in the middle of the flight it will just change to dim and even the brightness will still be set on maximum. Anybody have any suggestions?

Especially in the sun, it keeps dimming during flight. I checked all settings and its not on automatic. Adaptive Brightness is off and Blue Light Filter is off, Brightness set to maximum. It's really annoying, in the middle of the flight it will just change to dim and even the brightness will still be set on maximum. Anybody have any suggestions?
I believe its over heating if it does that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josiah S
You have to leave the automatic brightness on in order to achieve maximum brightness and even then it will dim. It is a baked in feature of the Samsung Phones that can't be worked around without rooting the phone.

Its overheating. I had an iphone 6 that was absolutly horrible. Every flight it would dim way down and the video would get all jumpy, then it would eventually shut off. I now have a samsung s8 that does great. You need to fly in the shade and you should be good.

My iPhone X was dimming as well. I discovered taking the phone out of the protective case helped reduce the overheating significantly.

I have the same issue with my Samsung S20FE after prolonged use in warmer or direct sunlight environments. Maybe strap a small gel ice pack to the back to prevent this?

I have the same problem with Samsung S10. While flying the drone, the screen goes dark and I have to land quickly because I can barely see anything on the screen. A year ago in the summer, I did not have this problem, I had the same phone and Mini1. Maybe it's the fault of Android 11 installed in December ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121