DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung s7 crashing with Dji go 4 fix

Flylongjohn

Reactions
OK so here's the deal I have a Samsung galaxy S7 when I first started using the go app for my Mavic it would constantly crash. So I thought to myself what could be causing this to crash so I checked in the background to see what was running. I then found out that if you restart your phone something in the background stops and go runs fine if anyone else has any tips on this matter would be very appreciated. Cheers be safe have fun version .700

I have the edge and it is operator error for me touching the edge of the screen. I just restart DJIGo4 and all is well. Tablet on the way. Phone is for talking to people.

I just took my Mavic out of the box yesterday. I discovered my Samsung 4G is not running an Android version compatible with DJIGo4. Since my 4g was worthless for WIFI on my Gopro due to constant crashing even on the ground, it is a no brainer for me to upgrade to an IPhone 7. I need the portability of a phone or I would go with a tablet as suggested by TTFulltimer and others on this forum. I hope you will comment how your experience with the droid is from here on out. I am not willing to risk having a similar experience with another Android so will be heading to the Verizon store today.

Turn on debugging in developer options and I use an app called Greenify to turn off all apps running in the background. Not 100% but crashes are reduced significantly.

Turn on debugging in developer options and I use an app called Greenify to turn off all apps running in the background. Not 100% but crashes are reduced significantly.
Thanks for the info. Will be ready to try that if I have more trouble in the future.

I found that if I disabled Battery power saving mode under Android settings..battery, GO4 is much happier. I think that Android doesn't realize that GO4 is not idle and swaps it out to save power (a guess).

Reactions: harryb
I found that if I disabled Battery power saving mode under Android settings..battery, GO4 is much happier. I think that Android doesn't realize that GO4 is not idle and swaps it out to save power (a guess).
Thanks for the tip.
Will give it a try tomorrow.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 arrived today. I have posted a First Impression thread on this forum. Done with a phone for flying. The S2 blows it away in every way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11