DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung s7 edge

simons

Reactions
Hi all

Just bought a mavic mini then found out that a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge is not comparable? I have read a few posts but all seem to be a couple of years old. Can anyone confirm that my phone is not comparable with the software. Many thanks.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Here is the official DJI list
Your phone is on the list, but it's still not guarantied to work.
Yes, you should download the app and give it a trial.
Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S6,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,HUAWEI nova 2,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,MI10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 5,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xpeial 1

If your phone doesn't work, you will need to try another phone, from the DJI list, or off the list, but it is always a hit or miss, my LG V20 is on the list but was not working right with the MM.
I have tested this Xiaomi, and it is working fine with the Mavic Mini, for not too much money, and is a pretty darn good phone as well.

Thanks for your replies. I have tried another phone and my ipad which works, unfortunately my s7 edge does not work after downloading the app. Which I had

I confirm it's working perfecty with my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. fly app.1.1.6
118309070_712932096230914_5333990900994165721_n.jpg

I have the Galaxy S7 and in the past it has crashed quite frequently and the video display would tend to stutter more than I would like. Looking at smart phone benchmark data, it appears the S7 is on the low side of having enough performance to run the DJI Fly app. To address this I have adopted a few practices:
- Turn off video caching in the app
- Terminate any other apps running in the background.
- Run the Android optimization in the system settings.
- Put the phone in airplane mode
Since updating to the latest version of the app and firmware, along with the practices above, I have not had any further issues. I suspect going forward, by the time I upgrade my drone and its app again, it will be time to upgrade my phone. In the future I will look for something a bit more future proof in terms of its performance.

I confirm it's working perfecty with my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. fly app.1.1.6
View attachment 111127

The Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 has different models with different chipsets based on geography.
I suspect all the US snapdragon 820 cpu models will work but the exynos models won't.
The Op might have a Ekynos chipset model as he is based in the UK, DJI have always had compatibility issues with the Ekynos models in the Samsung phone range

The Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 has different models with different chipsets based on geography.
I suspect all the US snapdragon 820 cpu models will work but the exynos models won't.
The Op might have a Ekynos chipset model as he is based in the UK, DJI have always had compatibility issues with the Ekynos models in the Samsung phone range

That would make sense. My working phone is the SM-930A (US AT&T version) which according to the chart in your link has the Snapdragon chipset.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair