DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung s8 connection problem

Anthony.be

Reactions
Hi everybody,

Since recently i am flying the DJI Mavic Air. Up to know there were no problems.

Today i wanted to take it out on a flight but the Mavic did not seem to connect to the phone.

It looks like my phone is getting charged by the RC (phone constantly signals it's getting charged).

I tried multiple times but without result. I removed the DJI app. Switched off an turned on the drone and the RC...

Everything seems to work fine with another phone but no longer with mine....

Does anyone have a idea on how to fix this?

Ps: i made sure that MTP (media transfer protocol) on the samsung was activated...but still nothing..

Please help...i'm.leaving on a big trip soon and would really like to take my drone with me...

I had a few issues with my Mavic air and the Samsung S8 similar to this, it's why I opted for the iPad mini when I changed the quad.

I had a few issues with my Mavic air and the Samsung S8 similar to this, it's why I opted for the iPad mini when I changed the quad.
Hahaha the problem is I can't afford to change phone for this...the worst thing is that it actually used to work...

Reactions: MiniGordini
Hahaha the problem is I can't afford to change phone for this...the worst thing is that it actually used to work...
it was the connections I always had issues with, I really didn't want to go the IOS route as I've been an android user for years but the go4 app definitely is more suited to the Apple ecosystem than android, it runs loads smoother.

it was the connections I always had issues with, I really didn't want to go the IOS route as I've been an android user for years but the go4 app definitely is more suited to the Apple ecosystem than android, it runs loads smoother.
I use an S8 and never had any problems. Have you tried different cables. What port are you using. I aways use the bottom port for flying and only use side port for charging and am very careful when conecting as i understand the side port is easily damaged

I use an S8 and never had any problems. Have you tried different cables. What port are you using. I aways use the bottom port for flying and only use side port for charging and am very careful when conecting as i understand the side port is easily damaged

Well i never had problems in the past either...i used the side port since i feel it was the easiest to use...yesterday i also tried the bottom one but it gives the same problem...

I'm tryiny to arrange it with samsung because i'm pretty confident the problem is with the phone.

Hi everybody,

Since recently i am flying the DJI Mavic Air. Up to know there were no problems.

Today i wanted to take it out on a flight but the Mavic did not seem to connect to the phone.

It looks like my phone is getting charged by the RC (phone constantly signals it's getting charged).

I tried multiple times but without result. I removed the DJI app. Switched off an turned on the drone and the RC...

Everything seems to work fine with another phone but no longer with mine....

Does anyone have a idea on how to fix this?

Ps: i made sure that MTP (media transfer protocol) on the samsung was activated...but still nothing..

Please help...i'm.leaving on a big trip soon and would really like to take my drone with me...

Bud, I gave up on using my s9 and bought tablets. I know thats a crappy solution but you can find som good deals on offer up and ebay.

I had the same problem. The short cable that came with the Mavic was bad. I ordered a new one from Amazon and all is well.

I bought a mavic pro 2 for a holiday this week in west Wales, it has caused more stress than it is worth with the disconnected message. So disappointed.

I have the same problem.

Been using my Mavic Air with Samsung S8+ from September to February without having any issues.

But all of the sudden I can't connect the phone with the remote.
This happen in February, haven't been able to use my drone since that.

I have tried several different cables.

I just received my Mavic Pro two days ago, and have not been able to fly it with the remote & app running at the same time. I can fly it on wifi with my phone, I can fly it on RC with the remote.. but if I power up the remote, then the Mavic, then power up the app.. The app doesn't connect. Tried everything I've read on forums, google searches, youtube searches, etc. What a waste of money

I just received my Mavic Pro two days ago, and have not been able to fly it with the remote & app running at the same time. I can fly it on wifi with my phone, I can fly it on RC with the remote.. but if I power up the remote, then the Mavic, then power up the app.. The app doesn't connect. Tried everything I've read on forums, google searches, youtube searches, etc. What a waste of money

What phone are you using? Is the Mavic in RC mode not wifi mode?

I diagnose connection issues every day. Dont give up on it. Trust me.

Last week my Samsung S8+ received an Android update from 8 to 9 ("Pie"). DJI GO runs as it used to be but Litchi won't connect to my M2P (doesn't show live view from the camera).

I also have a Samsung 8 and Mavid Air Pro literally used it for a while even two days ago no problem today same problem with everyone else here. the remote works with flying the quad but the phone is not connecting to the remote and I need to get some footage from the internal recorder of the Mavic ASAP.

I also have a Samsung 8 and Mavid Air Pro literally used it for a while even two days ago no problem today same problem with everyone else here. the remote works with flying the quad but the phone is not connecting to the remote and I need to get some footage from the internal recorder of the Mavic ASAP.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

FYI, I trust you realize that yours is the first post in this thread since May 2019 (I.e. 19 months ago)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys