DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8 Plus - DJI App Not Loading, Litchi Does Load

Aerial Gopher

Reactions
UPDATE: SEE POST #9, Problem fixed DJI GO app installs and loads no problems.

Original Post:
Well, got my S8+ and found out that the phone does fit in the controller, its a pretty close fit, but it does fit.
The problem is the DJI Go4 app does not load, it gives an error about unsupported resolution. This error is here with the screen resolution in Any resolution that you can set under display settings.

Litchi App does load and the video is visible from the drone. I did not try to fly yet..... Should I? :)
Camera gimbal control works. Didn't notice anything wrong. Might try to fly it....

Anyone else stuck with a s8+ and cant fly? :(

Other issue is that when controller is initially connected, it will ask you which app you want to use, if you pick one, there is no option for " Just once" and the next time the controller is connected it opens the same app you chose the last time without asking. You need to go to default applications and reset it on the app that keeps loading.

Monkey Wrenches!

20170427_165415_resized.jpg 20170427_170126_resized.jpg 20170427_170258_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I am an Android fan. But, the Mavic has made me cross back over to the other side for flying. Not sure why if the s7 had issues, it would be different now. I Know it worked for some, but it didn't for most.

I am an Android fan. But, the Mavic has made me cross back over to the other side for flying. Not sure why if the s7 had issues, it would be different now. I Know it worked for some, but it didn't for most.

I had the s7 Edge, with Exynos processor octacore, whereas the other variant was the Snapdragon quadcore processor, my s7 Edge worked perfect, except for one go app update was causing signal issues.

I WILL NEVER GO TO THE OTHER SIDE :p

Last edited:
I had the s7 Edge, with Exynos processor octacore, whereas the other variant was the quadcore processor, my s7 Edge worked perfect, except for one go app update was causing signal issues.

I WILL NEVER GO TO THE OTHER SIDE :p
I knew it was coming... At least you were gentle. I meant MANY.[emoji4]
257ffe4ec68652d6c7960e1888a1ce91.gif

All I do is tether my cell phone to my iPad so we'll pull up maps

My S7 makes me do a dance to get it to work with Litchi after using DJI Go. First I have to force stop DJI Go. Then I have to clear defaults to get it to ask me which app to choose. Sometimes I have to restart the phone too.

Reactions: GreatScott
Well, got my S8+ and found out that the phone does fit in the controller, its a pretty close fit, but it does fit.
The problem is the DJI Go4 app does not load, it gives an error about unsupported resolution. This error is here with the screen resolution in Any resolution that you can set under display settings.

Litchi App does load and the video is visible from the drone. I did not try to fly yet..... Should I? :)
Camera gimbal control works. Didn't notice anything wrong. Might try to fly it....

Anyone else stuck with a s8+ and cant fly? :(

Other issue is that when controller is initially connected, it will ask you which app you want to use, if you pick one, there is no option for " Just once" and the next time the controller is connected it opens the same app you chose the last time without asking. You need to go to default applications and reset it on the app that keeps loading.

Monkey Wrenches!

View attachment 11732 View attachment 11733 View attachment 11734
I received my s8+ about a week ago and immediately test flew it with my Mavic - I had no problems. However, before my s8+ arrived I rolled the FW back to avoid reported problems with .600 - maybe that was why mine worked.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!!
Ok So I installed DJI Go 4 without a sim card before, was upset it didn't work, I Inserted the carrier sim into my S8+ and got more pissed because it did a wipe of the device.. GRR

But then I installed the DJI Go 4 app again, and.. well... look at the attached photo! Loaded and worked, NO ERRORS, not even about screen resolution.

The app does not use the full screen there is thin black boarders on left and right. But that's better than not working! YAY!Inked20170427_210016.jpg

This one deserves a few "Likes" eh? :)

Reactions: lotek
You can force Go 4 app to full screen in Settings.

You are a God! I hate looking for settings, but I googled that and found out where it was.

Settings, Display, Full Screen Apps, Scroll to Bottom where where DJI is, Odd it wasn't fully alphabetical But its there!

Charging batteries for tomorrow's flights! Only because in CANADA we can't fly at night! :-(

Be cautious with being that happy. First try real world and have a dozen flights without app hangups or crashs before declaring your phone to be compatible with GO4.
The problems usually begin several minutes after takeoff...

Had the same problem when i updated my S2 to Nougat. you have to go to Settings>Apps the click the 3 dots top right to select Default Apps then select "Ask before setting defaults apps" .. but before that you may have to clear defaults for Litchi or DJI Go..Now you should get a propmt asking which app you would like to use when you plug in..

Be cautious with being that happy. First try real world and have a dozen flights without app hangups or crashs before declaring your phone to be compatible with GO4.

Exactly! My Nexus 6P works great for up to 14 minutes before it completely hangs and I need to restart. Sometimes I would lose my entire flight log. Not good if something happens and you need to find the drone afterward.

Exactly! My Nexus 6P works great for up to 14 minutes before it completely hangs and I need to restart.
And the Nexus 6P is a smartphone listed within DJI's "compatible devices" list...
They really should hire an Android programming expert for finding and fixing this notorious memory leak causing freezes and crashes.

Sounds like good advice. My initial flight with the s8+ was 18 minutes, but I did keep it very close for most of the flight, finally letting it venture out to 1200 ft. I'm a Mavic newbie, still feeling my way, so yes, I will be leery for awhile.

So I did a couple flights. Controller worked no problem, but the DJI App crashed a few times and restarted on its own. No control issues occurred but annoying to restart. I think on two of the times the app crashed while doing active track following a car for about 1 minute, at a slow speed. The other time I do not recall what I was doing.
When it was working, there seemed to be no visible problems. Will update later when try more flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00