DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung S8+ Video Monitoring Problems

acurth

Reactions
I spent some time searching the forum but couldn't find an up-to-date note regarding compatibility of the Samsung S8+ and the Mavic Pro with it's latest available firmware through DJI GO 4 (End of Dec 2017).

The initial test my friend did a few weeks ago got his Samsung S8+ connected with the Mavic, but there was no video feed into the DJI GO 4 app - just a black screen. Is there a special setting on the phone to enable the video feed so you can use the DJI Go 4 app normally?
(He's able to control and fly normally with an older Samsung phone and the same Mavic pro unit - that's why we're wondering about specific settings or compatibility issues with the S8+)

Also, if anyone knows, I found this DJI GO / Android Devices list, but I'm not sure if there is one list that is specific to mavic-pro or dji go 4 app (or both) - any help will be very welcome

I use an S8+ when I'm on the road and it works fine as wine. Actually works better than my mini4 but I prefer the larger screen.

Reactions: acurth
And I did not have to manipulate any settings to make it work. Plugged and played using the DJI provided USB-C cable.

I too had no issues other then just updating the Go 4 app. Running 4.1.18 Did you sign in on the new phone with your user name and password? There is also a screen setting that should be in the center of the selection not the top end pick for best picture. That might be his issue . if hes messed with his settings. also uninstall & re install the app and see if that helps.

4.1.18 has had many problems. It hosed my video. Downgrade to. 4.1.15.

Those problems have been fixed with 4.1.18.2 . I had issues until the patches came out.

I assume what you mean by 4.1.18.2 is the alleged dji practice of pulling a release from the playstore and reissuing it with the same version number. Is this what is going on? If so is there some way the mug user like me can determine which flavour of release he or she actually has and how does the Android software update management deal with this subterfuge?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S